Artwork...post yours here

by coffee_black 108 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Great CoCo!

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could all set up a gallery together...kind of a co-op thing? A friend of mine is doing that locally..and I thought of being part of it... http://www.enterprisenews.com/lifestyle/x356878760/Stoughton-art-center-weathers-the-years you can read about it here... Her website seems to be down at the moment.. she has been commissioned to paint all of the Red Sox players as well as Johnny Peske. She has also painted some of the Celtics.

My problem is I don't have the time it would take...

Coffee

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wonderful article, Coffee ... thanks!

Where there's a will, there's a way. I tell my students and "prospective" students that the workshop doors must always remain open, i.e., create a space - even a tiny one - that is for your art and that alone. You can thus remain set up, and, when you have a mere few minutes (such as to do a beautiful little charcoal portrait as you did earlier), you might still make forward progress. Never expect a huge allowance of free time; however, do remain set up to accomplish whatever you can, whenever you can.

I have received so much help from the community that I feel an obligation to keep it going. It's not an ego thing - simply a need to pay it forward!

But I'm sure you already know this!

Let's set a goal ... OK?!?!?!?

Love,

CoCo

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Here's one I did tonight using Vue and Poser. About a half hour of work and 1 hour render time. The cockatoos were done in Poser and imported into a Vue scene. There are problems with it though. The cockatoo's eyes are flat and lifeless. I need to work on that. Also, the birds are too large. I've never had to scale Poser figures in Vue before, so I just didn't think of it this time. I suppose I could call it, "Giant cockatoos invade tiny ecosystem" or something like that. I forgot to detail the grass too. Hell, I'm just starting to learn how to do this stuff anyway.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks CoCo... I'm trying...

Finallyfree... nice composition,

Here are a couple... the first one is by my Dad in the late 1930s... It's a place in Vermont my family went every summer for 3 generations... atop Terrible Mountain outside Ludlow...

The second is by me of the same house...many years later of course...and a bit of a different perspective.

Coffee

Dad's drawing

Newton farm

• compound complex
  • purplesofa
  • Chalam
    Chalam

Cool!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Do any of you participate in outdoor art shows?

What kind of shows do you do?

Do you travel out of town? out of state?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Cameo-d

I have done some gallery shows... I haven't done any outdoor shows. No travel involved....maybe some day

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Here is my friend Sandy Wadlington's website. We graduated HS together... once did a show together... Her work sells all over the world...Google her name..

http://sandywadlington.com/

Here's a pic of the show Sandy and I did... about 1968...we were juniors in hs... Sandy sent it to me a while back... and actually, Cameo, I have to take it back... I actually did an outdoor show... this was the one and only.

Sandy and me

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit