Big Love does the Mormon Temple ceremony this Sunday

by FormerMormon 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

FormerMormon,

Thanks for all the info. I have never known quite what to think of the LDS church. I appreciate hearing from you.

• rebel8
    rebel8

FormerMormon,

I found the last 2 issues of TV Guide. [I should go through my mail more often, lol.]

There is nothing like that article you posted. Could be a prank, or a pirated copy of next week's issue.

Just wanted to let you know.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

FormerMormon, thanks for the clarification, and Sacolton, thanks for the list of questions... kinda stunning, really.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Woot~! Just got my March 9 edition in today's mail, and the Barb article is in there!

• pillowheadpete
    pillowheadpete

Hey Mrs. Fiorini -

Good thing you've learned all that you need to know about the LDS faith from 'former mormon.' When you go car shopping, I bet you're the type that asks a Ford Dealership to tell you all about Chevys.

Hey Former Mormon -

Should Mrs. Fiorni, myself and anyone else hold you as an authority for what they believe? Anyone that makes promises like that in a place that they once saw as "sacred" and then changed their mind and now uses angst as their motivator ought not to be a diffinitive source of acuracy. But I'm glad you have a voice to be heard with this site. It's appears that you enjoy it.

You all gotta praise the Jehova's Witnesses for providing open forums. Most of them I speak with are not as open-minded and shun any thinking that is not their own and even discourage reading any material other than their own. Which makes sense to a point but not when it's taken to extremes.

The fact is that HBO will get their ratings. HBO will lose some mormon subscribers, but big deal. The Mormons will react (but their church leaders won't give the reaction people expect), and that church will continue to grow at a rapid pace. And they'll be hated on again and again.

Maybe I ought to talk to those nerdy white guys in the white shirts and hear about what Mormons really believe. I can tangle with them. Besides, I respect people that keep things special to them as special and have no respect for voyeurs or those who cheapen to get gain (even if it is to stroke their egos like FM). And I highly doubt that all of the intelligent people that I admire and respect who have become Mormons have been duped. If anything, as much as I may not want to admit it, at least they have ideals for which they stand.

Besides how is it different from what the Jehovah's Witness regard as private? Isn't it kind of the same thing?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Big Love gets weirder and stranger every week.

love Flight of the Conchords too!!!

purps

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Hey Mrs. Fiorini -Good thing you've learned all that you need to know about the LDS faith from 'former mormon.' When you go car shopping, I bet you're the type that asks a Ford Dealership to tell you all about Chevys.

She didn't say she learned all she needs to know, but way to go--your first post on a forum and you start out by flinging insults.

I re-read this thread and I rly don't understand what you're so peeved about.

Hey Former Mormon -Should Mrs. Fiorni, myself and anyone else hold you as an authority for what they believe? ...

He didn't ask us to. Now that we've exited a cult that told us what to believe, we now have the freedom and logic skills necessary to weigh more than one viewpoint.

gotta praise the Jehova's Witnesses for providing open forums.

Rly? Please provide URL. kthx

• undercover
    undercover
    way to go--your first post on a forum and you start out by flinging insults.

LOL, Rebel...I wouldn't worry about being insulted by someone named "pillowheadpete"...does that mean he's using goose feathers to think with?

pillowhead said:

You all gotta praise the Jehova's Witnesses for providing open forums. Most of them I speak with are not as open-minded and shun any thinking that is not their own and even discourage reading any material other than their own. Which makes sense to a point but not when it's taken to extremes.

Your second sentence is correct. They do shun outside thinking and discourage reading material that doesn't support their take on the Bible. Your last sentence has some flawed logic. But your first sentence is the doozy...JWs are discouraged from using the Internet for Biblical research and socializing. They do not provide open forums. period.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You all gotta praise the Jehova's Witnesses for providing open forums

They don't. This board was started by an active Jehovah's Witnesses who was pressured by the elders to shut down this board and then subsequently excommunicated because he would not.

This board is now populated almost entirely by ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. Which you would have discovered had you done more than look down your ignorant nose at FormerMormon. Looks to me like your cult has traits similiar to the cult I left.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Maybe I ought to talk to those nerdy white guys in the white shirts and hear about what Mormons really believe. I can tangle with them. Besides, I respect people that keep things special to them as special and have no respect for voyeurs or those who cheapen to get gain (even if it is to stroke their egos like FM). And I highly doubt that all of the intelligent people that I admire and respect who have become Mormons have been duped. If anything, as much as I may not want to admit it, at least they have ideals for which they stand.

I respect people for their actions...but keeping things special as in what? The society keeps their flock under control by shunning..they think it makes them special. I have zero respect for that speciality...doesn't make me warm and fuzzy whatsoever.

I did ask a Mormon friend once about the underwear. He just chuckled. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit