Big Love does the Mormon Temple ceremony this Sunday

by FormerMormon 66 Replies latest jw friends

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

http://www.salamandersociety.com/temple/ (shows a pic from TV Guide)

Damn... I gotta get HBO.

I wonder which version they'll do. The throat and intestine spilling oaths or the more sanitized ones they have been using since 1990. They can't show the whole endowment ceremony in one episode. It's too long and BORING. Hopefully they'll just do the juicy parts and give you guys a feel for what it's like inside the temple.

From what I have read, Tom Hanks was never Mormon. However, his dad was briefly married to a mormon who took Tom to church while he was 6-7 years old. Divorce prevented his being baptized.

I know hanks is LIVID over LDS involvement in the California Prop 8 thing. This season, they have really taken the gloves off.

May Zeus give you his fondest blessings, Tom.

FormerMormon

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

... I am hearing conflicting stories on ex mormon sites. This may be a spoof, it may not. Anyone have a TV guide that can confirm or deny this? (march 9-15)

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

This link says that Episode 309 "Outer Darkness" has roles cast for Temple workers.

http://deadwoodstage.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=otherspoilers&action=display&thread=395&page=2

Please please please be true. Do it Tom!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi. Coincidentally my subscription to TV Guide just expired. [Can you believe it?] Checked the issue from 2 wks ago--nada.

"Barb endures a trying experience at her old church": http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=278418&more=ucepisodelist&episodeid=10069719

I did read/hear that Barb's going to be coming even further out of the closet. Damn, I hope they do this.

• undercover
    undercover
    This season, they have really taken the gloves off.

I don't know if it's Tom Hanks or if the media coverage of the fundie LDS camp being raided and Warren Jeffs continuing battles contributed to the show being a little more gritty this year. But I agree, it's been an intense season at the Hendrickson household.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The throat and intestine spilling oaths or the more sanitized ones they have been using since 1990.

Elucidate please.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I love this show....I haven't read anything on it but I'll have to check the next episode...they really are moving along quick with all the characters! If you don't get HBO - try Hulu or Graboid for them..usually put up the next with no interruptions..this is such a well written show I hope they keep it going for a few years yet! sammieswife.

• rebel8
    rebel8

drw--check his other posts--he posted a video about the ritual. It was a symbolic gesture of what would happen if you betrayed the church.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Thanks...I'll have to check that out. Love the show, BTW.

• ninja
    ninja

the mormon temple rituals of throat cutting and intestine spilling are lifted straight from masonic oaths....well joe smith was a freemason after all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit