I've got pneumonia

by sacolton 42 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

Thats awful, i hope you feel better soon. X

• sacolton
    sacolton

Doc put me on Azithromycin (say that five times real fast) tablets. Also, I now have insomnia ... not related to the medication. I can't sleep if I wanted to.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, there, Brother SAC.

I'm sorry.

Hope you continue to mend.

I had a serious bout of pneumonia in 1961. We lived far back in the woods, and a distant cousin had to fetch me to the doctor in a skiff. A neighbor's son also had pneumonia; since we were both prescribed the same antibiotics, we shared our medicine.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You should write an autobiography, Snowbird. I would love to read it.

BTS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"I hope you have somebody who can check on you from time to time. I didn't and am now serioulsy considering marriage. It sucks to be alone and sick as a dog. "

Whoa there, Nellie!

You got WT thinking on the brain. Paradise won't solve the problems and neither will marriage!

As a matter of fact, if you were married AND sick, you could be worse off. Why? Because that man may expect you to drag that sick butt of yours out of bed and still have dinner ready at 6. And will still need a shirt ironed for tomorrow...and etc. etc. etc.

No matter how green the grass may look in the beginning.....the grass has to be constantly watered!

SAcoulton....do your ribs hurt when you take a deep breath? Or am I thinking of pleurisy? Is there any similarity in the two?

Keep heavy with liquids. I understand it "flushes the bacteria" from the body.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Yup I had it once, contemplating if I had it right now again...been sick over a week with a flu that isn't going away...same symptoms. Oh joy...from experience, REST, REST, REST Sac and make sure you take your meds on time. (And yes I'm going to go to the doctor's.)

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Hey Sac,

Had it (age 27); knocked the crap out of me, and I was glad I was in shape.

Rest, take ALL the antibiotics, do not over-exert yourself and keep hydrated.

Get better soon.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Hope your meds kick in soon to help you out. I always liked chicken soup with rice when I was sick. It is jewish penicillin. Be careful to not over do anything. Rest is a key factor even if you aren't sleeping. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Kit

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

• BluesBrother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit