I've got pneumonia

by sacolton 42 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

After a week-long battle of what I thought was a bad case of upper respiratory infection, I decided to get checked out by my doctor. After a chest x-ray, it's confirmed that I have pneumonia. I feel horrible. Shortness of breath, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, congestion, chills, fever, aches, the whole bag of tricks. He's putting me on some strong antibiotics, so hopefully I'll be right as rain in a few days. Keep me in your thoughts.

Anyone experience pneumonia?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That sounds terrible. I hope you are young and fit as you appear, you should shake it off in no time. Look after yourself.

• oompa
    oompa

dude do not take this lightly....i was a tennis/soccer player in high school....got pneumonia at 21 and kept working......finally it knocked me down......guess what...my cough never went away....i learned you frikkin CAN get asthma from it and serious resp infections (i always thought you were born with it).......i nearly died from from asthma a few years later...i mean i had it awful bad....steriod dependant for 8 years and had to keep a vial of epenephernine (adreneline) and needle with me!!!...i am finally ok for the most part...very little problem now........btw...i always get a flu shot every year and only found out this year you can get a PENEUMONIA SHOT!!!.........so be aware all!!!........heal fast man........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your probably going to Die..Coffin And Smoking................Can I have your Stuff?..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

GET WELL SOON, MAN!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Not me personally, but pneumonia has put a close relative in the hospital ICU before, although they did have other problems that exacerbated the issue. Take at easy, and be sure and take the full course of antibiotics your doctor perscribes even if you're feeling better and haven't finished it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If you don't get better in a week's time, check with your doctor about hospitalization. The fluid can be drawn off of your lungs to help speed the recovery. From now on, get a pnemonia shot every year. Good thoughts headed your way!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Sacolton Really make sure you take it very easy for the next couple of weeks . Do NOt Over Do it !

I had a bad case of pneumonia a few yrs. ago that took a good six weeks to recover . Ever since then I get upper resp.infections very easily .

The past three weeks I have been ill and just finished antibiotics .

Hope you feel better soon . Drink plenty of water and sleep alot !

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hope you are better soon. My husband has pneumonia also. He kept coughing and feeling bad for so long. Men...why can't they go to the doctor sooner?

• parakeet
    parakeet

Yes, I had pneumonia (the bad bacterial variety) many years ago. I was hospitalized for a week with all the symptoms you describe. Fever was high, so I don't remember most of it. Fortunately, I responded quickly to antibiotics. After the pneumonia is cured, you'll probably still have a bad cough for the next month or so. It's no picnic.

If your avatar photo is you and is current, you're still young and strong enough to fight it off. Hope you feel better soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit