I've got pneumonia

by sacolton 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I am just recovering from pneumonia. I am glad to be recovering because I really thought I wasn't going to make it. My fever spiked at over 104 degrees and I still feel as if I have been put in an easy bake oven.

Take your zpack and drink plenty of liquids. I hope you have somebody who can check on you from time to time. I didn't and am now serioulsy considering marriage. It sucks to be alone and sick as a dog.

Next year i am getting a pneumonia shot. Maybe a flu shot too.

~hands sacolton a gatorade~

• crapola
    crapola

Hey there ,

Please do everything the Dr. says and take all the medication prescribed even when you get better. I don't want to scare you but my cousin died almost 5 years ago from pneumonia. He was only 35 years old. So just take care.

I know there are different types of this, bacterial and viral. Anyway, he had the one that will not respond to antibiotics. Let us know how you are, ok?

• Priest73
    Priest73

Damn. that sux. I developed it after spending two weeks on my back in the hospital after a botched appendectomy.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

Get well soon, Sacolton!! You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!!! God bless you!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'll pray for you. I remember when my father was 30 and I was 9. It damn near killed him, they had to bring the emblems from the JW commemoration to the hospital. Take care of yourself!!!

BTS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Robbie

Maybe, you need a marriage shot, as well.

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Marriage is a partnership. Two is better than one. I am glad you are recovered Robdar. If I was single, I'd look to marry a smart lady like you.

BTS

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Take good care of yourself, sacolton, and glad to hear you're doing better Robdar.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Get well, Sac.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Make sure you finish all of the antibiotics don't stop them just because you feel better, drink plenty of fluids and rest. If you have a fever that does not respond to Tylenol (if the tylenol doesn't make it come down) that is a reason to call the doctor.

Follow up with your doctor as recommended to make sure all the infection is cleared up.

Hope you feel better soon, rest, rest, rest and more rest!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit