One-third of Europeans blame the economic crisis on....

by BurnTheShips 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Hamilcarr, your survey isn't very scientific.

I know, but it remains a fact that I'm not getting in touch with this presumed antisemitism. 'Europe' is a too vague term.

Do you realize how large the US is?

The EU has 200 million inhabitants more. Generalizations never work. For the time being, I'm awaiting more clarification from the scientific front 'bout this rising antisemitism.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Independent voices, including leading Jewish philanthropist Baron Eric de Rothschild who received an honorary doctorate from Hebrew University, suggest that the extent of antisemitism in Europe has been exaggerated. In an interview with the Jerusalem Post he says that "some of the complaints emanating from Israel about the treatment of French Jews amount to 'an element of schadenfreude (taking pleasure at another's misfortune) on the part of those who have already made aliya: When the cousins come over, they say, It's terrible [in France] - you have to come to Israel." About France he says: "People are in fact philo-Semitic in the government, mayors, to an extent which goes beyond pure electoral calculations" and "the one thing you can't say is that France is an anti-Semitic country." [159]

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    a country where 80% of its people do not have a passport
    That is meaningless. Do you realize how large the US is? You can travel for thousands of kilometers and still be inside the country. I can travel for more than 800 kilometers from my home and still be in my home state (Florida)! People that live in small countries and travel more than a hundred kilometers from home need passports much more.

Plus, until last year it was possible to travel to Mexico and Canada without a passport, so 80% of the people did not likely need one. That is a huge chunk of dirt that Europe would make a nice peninsula if it were attached to it. This little jab is worse than meaningless, like saying 97% of people in Uzbekistan do not have surfboards.

Back closer to topic, the term "international banker" is an American code word for Jew, so take that in consideration when evaluating American attitudes about the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit