One-third of Europeans blame the economic crisis on....

by BurnTheShips 42 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

It amazes me that in a country where 80% of its people do not have a passport, they lecture us about our politics. Is this the same BTS that chose to lecture me on the constitutional role of the Queen?

As of matter of interest one my friends is a liberal Jew , and another friend comes from Tehran. My Persian friend is in the UK due to the screw up of Carter, another American who did not listen to the voice of reason, in this case Warren Christopher.

Regards David

• Zico
    Zico

They should do the same poll in America, then we could compare the results.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Personally I think this economic down turn is a direct result of last years rising fuel prices.

When one considers that all commodities are transported globally off of petroleum based products,

the enormous jump in fuel energy costs had a stumbling effect of crippling companies profits.

It had the effect of chopping too much profit from raw goods and companies therefore had no where to go but recede production.

There was a similar economic situation similar to this back in the late 70's in an oil embargo orchestrated by OPEC

resulting in a global recession in the proceeding years .

Interesting enough crude is being sold right now 2/3 cheaper than it was just a few months ago, what happened to that supply

and demand hearsay that the oil companies told us about when oil was trading at $140 a barrel, now oil is coming out all over the place

and they can barely give it away...........corrupt assholes.

My opinion now is that were going to have to endure a recession for at least a couple of years until the economies re-stabilize themselves

and not until that happens are we going to start to climb back up to a healthy economic state globally.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I don't care what Euros have to say.

Warlock

• dinah
    dinah

Homie, I've been saying that for two years....but NOOOOO couldn't be the oil companies.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

here is what Abraham h Foxman has to say about America

• "Most importantly, the court victories are vital steps to keep doors open for the spread of the gospel and reclaim the legal system for Jesus Christ." -- The Alliance Defense Fund
    • The American Family Association, “believes that God has communicated absolute truth to man through the Bible, and that all men everywhere at all times are subject to the authority of God’s word. Therefore, culture based on biblical truth best serves the well-being of our country."
    • "Christians can be loyal to liberal democracy as long as rights are carefully controlled by a dominant culture that directs them to the true hierarchy of ends." -- Family Research Council.
    • "The enemies of morality will not stop and will not back off. The Left cannot and will not change… no matter how many God-fearing and God-honoring women and men are elected and appointed to public office, until the hearts of the people change, we will not turn around this culture and restore our Biblical foundations." -- James Dobson’s Focus on the Family.
    There is an open arrogance. The arrogance comes when you believe you have the exclusive truth. And it comes if you believe God has commissioned you to change this country.

As offensive as these comments are, we need to understand that the Jewish community is not the prime target of this movement. Indeed, Jews are often singled out for engagement and support based on their interpretation of Biblical revelation and prophecy. Yet, if this “Dominionism,” as its proponents call it, is successful, we may become its major victim.
    Let me also be very clear about what we are not talking about.

First, I do not believe that this is a malignant assault; it is not motivated by animus, and certainly not by anti-Semitism. Our opponents’ beliefs are sincerely held. Yes, some Southern Baptists want to convert us while we are alive, and Mormons want to convert us when we are dead. We may find that strange, even discomforting, but that is their right of belief.

My evangelical friends remind me that what we are dealing with is a principle of faith. And they are right. To bear witness, to share, to proselytize, is not a choice for evangelical Christians. It is a fundamental principle of their belief. So when you challenge it, you do it carefully, delicately, respectfully.

But we cannot tolerate an attempt to subvert that right of belief and practice by those who say that their job is “to reclaim America for Christ.” Today, talk of God and moral values has become talk of Jesus and Christian values.

In Tom Brokaw’s recent TV special, In God They Trust, one can see how deep this runs. Take the Air Force Academy, where ADL has been deeply engaged because of our concerns over inappropriate, even coercive proselytizing. We do not oppose the right of an Air Force cadet or a general to evangelize. They can also do so at home, outside of church, in restaurants, on roads trips, but not in a military academy.
  • Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If this organization is being financially supported by Jews who are fighting against anti-semitism in Europe, wouldn't they deliberately try to seek

and embellish a survey such as that ?

Were talikng about money and a living here now.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Homer only 500 people were interviewed from each country and one-third of that that number said vague stuff like the jews feel more loyal to Israel than to their home country - personally I don't see anything wrong with people thinking that about jewish people or for jewish people to think that way.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Kind of a rather odd survey to be asking people, but again consider who's taking that survey and the results are not too surprising.

The result numbers sound a bit fudged a bit if you know what I mean.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I blame The Juice. *shakes fist at OJ*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit