As a JW Did you Feel you Could Fully Trust the Elders ?

by flipper 43 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TWITCH- I too trusted the elders as a kid. But I learned like you not to trust them as an adult. Actions do speak louder than words.

VERY STUPID 77- The elders are trying to keep you under " extreme information control " by even telling you not to read the WT societies publications on child abuse. They want you to have " blind faith " that they are qualified to handle child abuse. But they aren't qualified to do so. You are right- it is a joke.

KAYTEE- The elders are experts at making innocent people feel guilty and letting guilty people off the hook. Very unjust.

DAGNEY- We are doing fine ! How are you ? Nice to hear from you ! Like you I was raised in the JW cult . As a child I trusted the elders but grew to distrust them once I got older and saw the unjust treatment of people.

ONLY ME- Good point you make. Most elders never really tried to get to know us personally - so how could we fully open up to them ?

BLUES BROTHER- I was like you - in my early years I trusted the elders - but I too grew in confidence and wisdom and I saw the unjust treatment in which they dealt with people in the congregations.

KEYSER SOZE- Good point you make. The elders were never consistent in how they dealt with people. They would handle situations differently depending on who was involved. If it was a friend- the person would get off lightly- if it was someone they didn't care for - that person would be disciplined more severely. It was disgusting

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

my dad and ......................................................................................................................thats it. he's dead so guess how many i trust now?

• blondie
    blondie

Only my husband

• flipper
    flipper

BONNZO- I understand what you are saying. I trust my dad, an elder, because he has good motives. But I don't even trust my older brother 61 yrs.old, an ex-Bethel elder who goes strictly by the book as an elder since 1972. Truly an organization man.

BLONDIE- I hear you. I'm glad at least you could trust your husband as an elder when he was in the witnesses. It truly was amazing how lots of the elders had their OWN agenda's with what they wanted to accomplish as elders. It wasn't always good either

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit