As a JW Did you Feel you Could Fully Trust the Elders ?

by flipper 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I trusted them when I first joined the JWs but I learned very quickly that they were the last people on earth I could trust. You can tell them something confidential once and in no time the entire congregation will know, and you'll have a twisted version of it thrown in your face for the rest of your life.

W

• bobld
    bobld

Never could and never will.The day they compared themselevs as not being

like other religions only the fine out they were worse.

Bob

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

How can you trust someone who thinks they are better than you? They are trying to build their little groups of followers for themselves then beat down the really good guys until they no longer want to be elders and end up here. Welcome all you who once made us squeamish.

Kit

• flipper
    flipper

Good replies ! Keep them coming !

PARAKEET- I think a lot of us got " mind controlled " to trust the elders when we were younger. But it's good you caught on and got out when older . I think you slamming the door in the elders face when they call will drive the point home to them !

HOLEY CHEESES KING of the JUICE- Very true. The elders couldn't be trusted. They'd abuse you, accuse you, but never excuse you. Good little song you have.

FINALLY FREE- I found what you say to be true as well. As a witness I heard things I told in confidence to elders brought up to me by other people and twisted in a wrong way and totally misrepresented. Gossip runs amock in the JW organization.

BOBLD- They were worse than the other religions- more controlling.

BUBBLIE- I found that true what you are saying. The elders always tried to beat down the good guys and keep them from being elders. One reason they didn't want me as an elder is I was too opinionated and an independent thinker ! But hey, like you say- here we all are on JWN ! Let's watch them try and stop us now ! As long as we have our freedom of speech - we can and will expose the wrongs of the WT society ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I did at first until my first meeting in the back room. I remember one elder had a problem with me and would jab a comment at me when he could. After that I just watched out for the elders who were overly inquisative about my personal life

• flipper
    flipper

WHA HAPPENED- Very true what you say. I saw that at times when I was before a JC meeting and the elders would make it " personal " towards me instead of staying objective and diplomatic. They'd make personally insulting comments which were totally innappropriate. I learned, like you did, to NOT open up about my personal life at all with them - they just could not be trusted

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

No.

I saw no love from them. Only power-mongering.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

No, they never helped when my husband was giving us the crap. One elder I knew and kind of looked up to beat the shit out of his wife, she had to go to a women's shelter. Long story he go booted out the door, they divorced, he remarried, and yes he and his new wife are back at some hall and he is in good standing. Small world of sorry people.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Small world of sorry people.

Very well put. This is especially true of the elders.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Maybe for the first 10 years when they wanted me, the 'love-bombing' I suppose, THEN I began to see through the false facade.

My experiences over the last 37 years have been amazing to say the least, BUT the last 4 years has proved beyond ALL doubt what a bunch of liars they really are, examples:

jw-media.org is an 'apostate website', the information there is ALL wrong and nothing there applies to the local congo. I have even asked the webmaster to remove the pages which the local elders say are incorrect and been told by the Branch office, 'the pages ARE correct and applicable'.

You can't get much worse than lying about your own organisation! CAN YOU?

They said several people were 'NOT JW's', but when those same people were in trouble these same people had to be dis-fellowshipped, why do 3 elders need to disfellowship 'NON witnesses'?

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit