New BOE letter re: parents permitting fornication

by sir82 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Borgia
    Borgia

they sould patiently provide scriptural counsel

I wonder I much time this would take.

they may feel they have no recourse at the present time

So as long as you claim to have no recourse..........it's ok?Who will be the judge of that? Do you have a valid recourse brother? No....JC

manifest a brazen attitude, not really caring if others are stumbled

A closer look the the scriptural meaning of stumbling means other people going flat on their noses and breaking into a million pieces. check the cd rom RBI 8 lookup. So....who would then fit such a description.......It would indicate that as a parent you relative comes sleeping over, has sex with his or her partner and then what.....sister never f**ked starts doing America? Or brother just appointed MS suddenly starts doing all the elderettes? Or Sister exemplary publisher immediately quits? Come on.....get a life. How are they going to prove that? 2 witness rule?

manifest a brazen attitude

brazen: perhaps suggesting a face unable to show shame..........When Jesus argues: who convinces me of sin.....was he brazen? And even more: was he thrown out of the synagoge? Interestingly with all this capacity the best the Galileans could manage was trying to throw him of a cliff, the Judeans could only try to throw stones.......But when someone says: I was a born blind and cured they throw him out? So much for brazen.....

speaking against 'the teaching of the Christ

Since when is that a JC offence? When do you speak against the teachings of the christ? As far as I know, the teaching of the Christ was about love for one another........not whether or not a certain act is condoned by the WTS....

How disgusting! I would not like to be the elders with such news......

Cheers

Borgia

• undercover
    undercover

Borgia, you raise an interesting point about "speaking against the teachings of Christ"...

The original post says:

On the other hand, if the baptized parents actively promote the practice of allowing individuals who are living in fornication to move into a Christian home, then the matter could be handled judicially on the grounds of condoning fornication, causing divisions, and, in effect, speaking against 'the teaching of the Christ."

Two things stand out to me...

1. As Borgia noted, just where does Jesus utter such a teaching? My memory is pretty fuzzy about the mythical one, but I don't remember the written accounts having him lay down any rules other than loving God and neighbor.

2. This last statement is a cult tactic. The WT Society distinquishes themselves as equal to the head of the congregation, Jesus Christ. It's not by accident that this is the last part of the statement. This is the part that sticks in your mind. A JW that hears this remembers that to publicly disagree with the WT policy is the same as disagreeing with Christ, thus becoming an apostate. Nothing like a little fear to keep the peasants under control.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The WT goes by the bible teaching, flee from fornication, sex outside of marriage. That is the organizations stance on the issue. They in turn require it's members to take a stance on the issue. It's one of their rules.

I feel for the person that has to live in that situation, where the tables are turned and they are not the head of their own household and is going to be judged by the elders as to whether they can have prominent positions, that they will be thought of as weak spiritually, and shunned in some way from other members in the congregation.

I also find it hard to believe that they have no regard for a persons personal integrity and strength to be in any given situation and not be tempted or stumbled. A constant isolation from compromising situation as opposed to insulation.

There are situations that I have been in and there would be no way in hell I would have done what the rest of the people were doing. The people knew I would not do what they were doing, and knew I loved and cared for them and not their behaviour.

Like I said, it's the one that is dependant on this living situation that will likely get unfair judgement towards them, it will be up to the body of elders within that certain congregation.

purps

• minimus
    minimus

Sir's thread here is an example of the type of thread I really enjoy. I LOVE it when we get the latest news, especially the confidential letters, before nearly everyone else.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Isn't it convenient that if a JW is being supported by worldly parents who are in a 'lifestlye' that isn't up to the WT standards, or an elderly person is being supported by their children who may be DF'd or just garden variety 'immoral' that it is alright to accept their help and live in the same home with them-but if those same parents or children NEED support, they don't need to be if they are not living according the their standards? OR, they are only to be supported insomuch as the law FORCES them to do? (Remember the German(?) girl who was kicked out of her home before finishing secondary school because she wouldn't be baptised-even though she was still in high school? Her parents theory being that she was 18 so they could kick her out at will?)

WT teachings are twisted like a colon and filled with the same stuff!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

No Apologies~ So if you NEED someone to help you, integrity goes out the window, but if they need YOU, but are not living up to WT standards, then you should evict them. Pretty convenient. But WT teachings often are. If you are a young JW who is living with worldly parents, if they support your physical needs(pioneering?) then so long as you don't think they will corrupt you, you should mooch as long as possible, but if your kids need YOU, but are not living up to your standards, you should excise them from your life-until you need them, apparently.

The whole thing is, ones personal standards should not be dictated by the WT lines in the sand. They should be dictated by ones own conscience. Do you need to be told you don't want smokers in your house by anyone? Do you want anyones permission about WHAT smoker would be allowed in your home?(at all, not just while they were smoking!) You are right that you have the right to decide who comes in your home. Do "I" have a right to tell you who can come into your home? The JWs allow this invasion. That's their business. It is kind of sick for someone to tell you what your 'god given conscience' is telling you to do:)

Smokers don't come in my home and smoke. Smokers are welcome in my home when they are not in the act of smoking. No one needs to tell me that. It's my home and I don't need to have someone micromanage me.

I get your basic theory about who we let in our home-and even why. But to be told what the rules of my own home must be by people who might never step foot in it and who certainly are not paying the mortgage, is a little nuts.

All that being said, I have jumped to wrong conclusions about someone's plans in my home before and will eternally have regret about the way I handled it. It makes me real cautious of drawing lines in the sand based on what "I" think people are doing or their motivations for doing it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

it's amazing that Jesus exercised love and accepting people (even though he preached to them).

the watchtower is entangled in law over law over law.

to blind ones it is following bible principle given by the slave

to open eyed ones it is pharasitical rule

• hoser
    hoser

Jesus had dinner with prostitutes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit