New BOE letter re: parents permitting fornication

by sir82 77 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Why stop at fornication? What about all the other DFing actions too?

I mean if unbelieving Uncle Bob lights one up every night outside on the driveway while he is staying with you because Aunt Betty is in the nearby hospital for the next 3 weeks, should a JW be held responsible?

Does it count if the couple do the deed elsewhere like a hotel or parked car?

So would I be excempt if there is a inflatable twin mattress alongside the full guest bed?

Does sleeping next to another person of the opposite (or same) sex always automatically become 'loose conduct', fornication etc?

What about 'immoral' attire or entertainment of said guests? (or not attending the KH with hosts!)

Passwordprotected has a good point about 2 witnesses too!

Why aren't JW hubby's as accountable for their non-JW wives? A Brother in that marital circumstance can still be appointed.

Is (or has) the "Slave" condoned 'DFing offenses' at Bethel facilities? .....(Chitty, Rutherford.... cough cough)

Doesn't the quit mixing citation also include 'extortioners', 'revilers' and 'greedy person'

According to M-W.com to "extort" is to : to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power

"revile" is to : to subject to verbal abuse

"greed" is to a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed

(1 Cor. 5:11) But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner,

The WTS/GB have habitually been extortioners, revilers, greedy and at times 'drunkards' (harlot too)......

This will turn into a CO's nightmare........ I mean we all know BOEs vary as the wind blows.

• blondie
    blondie
    evil non believing children who only wish to help them in their old age?

Sounds to me that the WTS is more concerned about the congregation having to be financially responsible for older jws. Money always trumps anything else. Sounds like one of those "corban" things.

• yknot
    yknot

Why is it somewhat acceptable for an elderly JW to accept that kind of help...... but not to extend the same help to another without it possibly becoming a 'judicial' matter?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Snowbird made a good point about it being HER rules and not the rules imposed by a printing company.

My dad owns a duplex. He rents the second floor and lives on the first floor. My sister left her boyfriend an few months ago and needed a place to stay. My dad had no one living in the apartment above him so he told my sister she could live there for while until she had enogh $ to find a place of her own. Well she was living there for a few weeks and was not sure if she was going to go back with her boyfriend. She would spend the night at his place once and a while. Wen my dad's wife found out she kick my sister out because she could not accept a fornicator living above her. WTF? What about all the other people who lived there before? I later learn that my dad and his wife believed my sister would start to study again after leaving her boyfriend and that's why they probably were willing to help her.

• blondie
    blondie

yknot, at some point in the rules on df'd family members living with jw family, the exception is made for df'd adult children who are in a bad medical situation.

I do believe allowing the use of illegal drugs and smoking would apply in this situation.

Note that while the WTS gives the parents the authority to "weigh the individual circumstances" we know that the elders and the WTS will be doing that.

Blondie

*** km 8/02 p. 4 par. 11 Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellowshipped ***As for a child, the same article continues: "Sometimes Christian parents have accepted back into the home for a time a disfellowshiped child who has become physically or emotionally ill. But in each case the parents can weigh the individual circumstances. Has a disfellowshiped son lived on his own, and is he now unable to do so? Or does he want to move back primarily because it would be an easier life? What about his morals and attitude? Will he bring ‘leaven’ into the home?—Gal. 5:9."
    *** w81 9/15 pp. 28-29 pars. 14-16 If a Relative Is Disfellowshiped . . . *** 14 But what if a close relative, such as a son or a parent who does not live in the home, is disfellowshiped and subsequently wants to move back there? The family could decide what to do depending on the situation.
    For example, a disfellowshiped parent may be sick or no longer able to care for himself financially or physically. The Christian children have a Scriptural and moral obligation to assist. (1 Tim. 5:8) Perhaps it seems necessary to bring the parent into the home, temporarily or permanently. Or it may appear advisable to arrange for care where there is medical personnel but where the parent would have to be visited. What is done may depend on factors such as the parent’s true needs, his attitude and the regard the head of the household has for the spiritual welfare of the household.
    This could be true also with regard to a child who had left home but is now disfellowshiped or disassociated. Sometimes Christian parents have accepted back into the home for a time a disfellowshiped child who has become physically or emotionally ill. But in each case the parents can weigh the individual circumstances. Has a disfellowshiped son lived on his own, and is he now unable to do so? Or does he want to move back primarily because it would be an easier life? What about his morals and attitude? Will he bring "leaven" into the home?—Gal. 5:9.

• yknot
    yknot

Thanks Blondie!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully, that will mean none of those unbelieving children will ever become witlesses. The witless parents have to make these rules, even if one of the parents is unbelieving (suppose the husband is the unbeliever, and doesn't care about fornication happening in his home). I hope that is going to prevent those unbelievers from ever going in.

• minimus
    minimus

WOW!!!!

This IS VERY BIG!!!

This is all about control. And yes, elders are "trained" to see the implications. The broadness of the letter shows they are looking at the spirit of the law and making one just as guilty as if they themselves fornicated.

What if one owns a duplex? It's still the owner's house. Is he responsible for what goes on in his house even if there is some form of separation?

And yes, why stop at just fornication? What about smoking and other non Christian activities?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I guess I can't stay at Snowbie's house, LOL....

I agree, this is big, since they are making it a DFing offense....

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

So much for Matt. 11:30 - "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit