New BOE letter re: parents permitting fornication

by sir82 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Man, so many places I can't visit with my girlfriend... I guess I'll have to get married just so I can visit some of my JWD friends...

• Scully
    Scully

Just thought of another possible implication:

In the case of an adult child living in a house that his/her parent owns, in the event of the parent's death, the adult child living in that home would have a legal claim on the property, as their primary residence (maybe in a custodial capacity), even if the parents have bequeathed it to the WTS.

This may just be a very sneaky way for the WTS to rid elderly JW homeowners of people who will help them look after their homes in their old age. The elders know who the vulnerable seniors are and know who to target, and will manipulate these folks into either selling the home and donating the proceeds to the WTS (while the senior JWs rot in some nursing home) or naming the WTS as the beneficiary in their will.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

evil Scully - but so possible

• loosie
    loosie

elderly Witness parents may need the assistance of an unbelieving son or daughter. Under such circumstances, no judicial action would be taken, but the qualification of the parent to serve in an exemplary position would be reviewed by the body of elders.

So then are the jw's offering help then to the eldery who have fornicating children? Or leaving them hanging?

• minimus
    minimus

Think about it this way: This rule might give impetus for those that have left Jehovah's loving provisions to come back! YAY!!!!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This policy has always been the case. No letter has ever been officially given. We had a situation in my old circuit where this was suspected, and the CO made it very clear that to allow fornication in such a circumstance would put them in line for judicial action.

I can only imagine that as many have suggested, the economy is causing many JW's kids to have to move back in. Even if they aren't baptized, their parents are on the hook.

Should be interesting.

• minimus
    minimus

I think your CO spoke his opinion. I know of some JWs in this situation right now and clearly, the policy was not there.

• hamsterbait
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

SORRY wrong button!!

Notice the wording too "causing divisions and "in effect speaking agains the teachings of THE Christ"

After last years A$$embly we all know that "THE Christ" is Dubspeak code for the WITCHTOWER, whose doctrines "have BECOME part of the Bible" as they put it in one Rag.

(Isuppose even the things they got wrong are now part of the bible too? - or does the Bible kind of just edit itself to line up with their babble and Trash? Silly question!)

HB

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It's forcing all of them to be 'in' or 'out'. It's the big test - who is more important, your family or your organization? It also appears to be a threat - either you will do this - remove your family - or else we will excommunicate you. So - your family or us.

I think there could be both medical and then legal issues from a non JW point of view if a JW was in fact forced to kick their child out of the house because they were told they had to. Accident, death, illness - laws that protect the young - finances - if the non JW spouse and child felt that by their parent being threatened by the WTS in turn caused physical or verbal abuse, then whose to say there couldn't be legal ramifications? Not so far fetched as you think.

sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit