Am I welcome here?

by WanderingStar 38 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Good points, Deacon and RHW.

Can we on this board be good enough for temporary friendship? It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. If WanderingStar falls away from the WTS, bad association will be blamed for it. If WS goes back, it was the bad association to escape from. Aren't we in a fine pickle.

BTW, Welcome, WanderingStar. I hope you can see the value of friendships outside of the WTS.

TR

• Carmel
    Carmel

Wandering, Dfshipped?

If yer here to discuss things, what do you want to discuss?

Carmel who's not afraid to discuss most anything and not worried about being Df'd

• LDH
    LDH

Deacon, I agree with you.

I guess my point was, DF'D is judging people as bitter, when they're really not.

I thought it was kind of sanctimonious of him to use this board to have fellowship with all of 'us' and condemn 'us' in the same breath. Without really knowing anyone here.

RHW was right.

But I have to also say, I have received emails from people who post here who are really *hurting* deacon. They don't understand something that they thought they were an intimate part of.

• trevor
    trevor

Hello wandering star,

I am sorry to hear that you are in limbo at the moment. You ask if we mind you being here, will we be offended?

The reason many of us left is so that we could enjoy the freedom of talking with anyone we wanted openly and freely. We were tired of being denied the right to decide for ourselves what truth is. Some are here secretly to share others views without being caught. You too can do that but there is no substiute for that feeling of holding your head up high and telling anyone who askes what you really feel in real life - face to face.

It all boils down to honesty in the end. A life lived without freedom is no life at all.

trevor

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

WonderingStar
    You will find no one here who will not welcome you to discuss your views.
    I have found the people here to be very tolerant and open to different views.
    With one exception to the rule.
    Supporting the WBTS ( even if you sincerely believe it ) is not allowed , that is viewed as abuse of free thinking and speech.
    Do that and you will be ridiculed and questioned.
    I look forward to an email from you.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline
    Supporting the WBTS ( even if you sincerely believe it ) is not allowed , that is viewed as abuse of free thinking and speech.

Do that and you will be ridiculed and questioned.

I beg to differ here. Anyone is welcome, even if they support the organization. They just must be open-minded enough to tolerate opposing views. I don't think ridicule is the answer--KNOWLEDGE is.
    Anyone open to learning and discussing without being hateful and vitriolic is welcome here in my opinion.

RCat

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

DFS, I don't think that is entirely true. With some here, yes, but not all.

The thing is, supporting the WTBS is most certainly allowed. But one who does this supports the entire range of teaches, the present policies. This is because one cannot half support the WTBS because they don't tolerate half support. You are in or out. All or nothing.

If you support the WTBS, then fine. But then make sure you tell us why and support why you believe whatever you do with sound facts and argumentation.

Path

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Good Point Path..I like your approach.
    Watch for my next Thread and I will try to do as you say.
    Feel free to respnd and lets see how it goes.
    I wouldnt mind and email discussion with either.
    Sorry time is tight right now but tomorow I will start a new thread, visit me there and lets talk turkey

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Ok DFS

I look forward to your thread. I appreciate the civility of your posts as well.

You see, many of those here have simply ceased their involvement with the WTBS because they could not reconcile certain issues with their conscience. It's not like everyone just wanted to get out and leave behind what was for many of us a comfortable way of life.

Of course in hindsite, perhaps we weren't as comfortable as we imagined and we didn't know and understand everything the way we thought we did.

I'd love to see your views on certain topics. And if we don't agree, then that is fine too. I look forward to your thread.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit