Am I welcome here?

by WanderingStar 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WanderingStar
    WanderingStar

Hi
    I am currently DF'd but seriously considering returning to the meetings with a view to reinstatement. I am looking for honest, open minded discussion. If I offend you all by being here, please let me know and I wont come back again.
    Thanks for reading this!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Wander,

We are jw's in all stages - studying, current attending, inactive, gone, loooong gone.

welcome - we're not a congregation - we absolutely do not practice shunning. We chat, joke, argue, not talk to each because we have personality clashes, etc. - but there's always someone else to chat with.

I'm inactive, but my daughter is df'd. Broke my heart at the time. I never broke association with her, however. She is my daughter, my heart.

We have an intro-style thread going on "Hello? Hello? Hello?" I thought it would be colorful to put it in the Sex Forum to wake us up. (We never use that area for some reason.) You'll learn a little about a lot of old/new posters. Please post a little about yourself - whatever you're comfortable saying.

Nice to meet you.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

Hi WanderingStar
    Feel free to ask any questions you want - like waiting said, we have a pretty open policy here and only really take action when people are out to be disruptive (and even then, the action is usually just to ignore them!)
    I can understand what a difficult situation you are in and without knowing anything more about the circumstances can only suggest that you do a lot of study and research to make sure that you know the truth.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

WanderingStar....Welcome. I'm inactive myself, but no one here will shun you or be offended. We are here to share experiences and to discuss subjects both shallow and deep.

Stick around. I think you'll like it here.

• nelly136
    nelly136

nice to meet you (and any one else I havent said hello to yet)
    pull up a chair and put your feet up
    nelly

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

HI WanderingStar.. I'm the feline here, and you know how we wander around, so I haven't been around much lately... but WELCOME!

RCat

• m2u
    m2u

Hi Wandering,

As you can see, there's no "Trip'n" goin on 'round here.

I hope Simon keeps this board up after he moves his family to the"Great white north".

So as a new one myself...Welcome to the circle.

m2u

• RR
    RR

Hi WS, welcome to the hood! pull up a chair, sit back and be yourself!

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

I have posted almost exactly the same post as yours, I've just come accross yours.
    I am working hard to return. I am not critical of the WBTS nor of the decision to DF me. All I want is to get back, and I have someone to talk to on the way ....kewl.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    You may email me if you wish

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Oh that's wonderful DF'd...and after you get reinstated will you shun us all, after you get re-spiritual?
    Glad we were here for you to chat with in the interim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit