Am I welcome here?

by WanderingStar 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu
    just curious DF, will you be coming back here after youre reinstated, would we be good enough to talk to then?

Since I was never df'd or da'd myself, does that mean that you were never good enough for me to talk to? Just kidding.

• neyank
    neyank

Hi WanderingStar,
    Welcome to the board.
    There's a nice group of people here.
    I won't ask you why you got df'd, but I will ask you why you want to go back..........Why?
    I'm still a witness but I won't shun you.
    The same is true of others on this board.
    Please feel free to make any comment or ask any question you would like and we will be happy to reply.
    In the meantime,please learn all you can about the WBTS.
    There is much information out there. True,some of it is hogwash but there is also information that is well documented and true.

neyank

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Well, at least you don't call us "Worldlings"..

RCat

• neyank
    neyank

Hello NickL-Dfshipped,
    How are things going?
    Have you been going to the meetings regularly?
    I won't put you down for wanting to go back.
    As I posted to you previously,I was in the same position before.
    You didn't reply back to me so I don't know if you saw my post to you.
    Just remember one thing. The most important thing. You want to go back because you feel that the WTS is Gods chosen orginisation.
    You believe that only the WTS has Gods truths.
    God does want us to love Him and worship Him.
    And He does want us to worship Him in spirit and truth.
    If the orginisation that we are associated with is not worshipping God in spirit and truth and they have lied and decieved people in His name do you think that God will favor such ones?
    It's worth spending time investigating the history of the WTBTS as well as any orginisation that claims to speak for God.
    neyank

• nelly136
    nelly136

mmmmmmm DLJ, as you can see and Red will back me up, I'm a picture of
    virtue and humbleness (modest too!) surely you wouldn't think of even suggesting that I would not be worthy of your attention (flutters eyelashes)
    nelly

<snicker snort splutter>

• Venice
    Venice

To Dfshipped & Wanderingstar;

You are both in an ackward and crious postions. To rejoin or not to rejoin. I think you both need to seriously way out the reasons, the pro's and cons of the action. What are your reasons for rejioning, is it because you feel that's the only way to please God and earn, yes earn, salvation. Or is it for the association, the friends, family and such.

Before making your descion you really should do some research on what it really means to be a JW. After everything that's coming out on the Pedephiles, and the blood issue you owe it to yourselves and Jehovah. You MUST read Crisis of Conscience, before you make a decsion. IF you read it and still want to rejoin, then go for it, you deserve to be there.

And don't forget to pray about it. Steve Hassan has some great books for all who are interested in JW's for some reason or other. One of them is entitled, 'Combating Cult mindcontrol'.

I hope and pray you make the best descion, because it will affect your entire life.

Take care,
    Venice

• LDH
    LDH

Wanderingstar,
    Just a note.

As I told NickL via email, the ones here who may be labeled as 'bitter,' are in reality just HURTING.

At the betrayal of friends and family because they choose to lead an *alternate lifestyle*, LOL, for lack of better words.

• Deacon
    Deacon

hurting lisa? not really.....bitter? no. annoyed yes....

You see, as someone who has been on both sides of the fence, and STILL not knowing which is the right way, I have chosen to take the path of humanity, and that is to treat people decently who promote themselves and conduct themselves as themselves.

I have a daughter who is d/fed....and I watch the hypocrisy of those who associate with her in private, but who PUBLICALLY shun her in company of other JW's...it hurts her, it hurts me and it hurts Jehovah.....either follow the JW line completely or make a stand and see if that will change things....its hypocrisy, she doesnt need second hand love.

I too have been d/fed in the past, and did the reinstatement thing..and also know the path and methodology and thinking that goes behind it all....I know it from the side of the supplicant (read bad boy) and from the side of the judge (read elder).

I know too that some people go back to being reinstatedfor entirely the wrong reasons, like they miss the company, like the shame got to them..and NOTfor the right JW reasons , like repentance.....

You know why Im so vehement about it all? Because of the hypocrisy and superior attitude that is displayed by those who when out play the field, smoke, drink, fornicate, associate with us apostates(er...yeah)..and then when accepted back put on this superior attitude of born again Witness....and condemn us from high.

As an ex elder, I can testify to this pattern time and time again, and I can also testify to the presence of total hypocrites within Jehovahs Witnesses because of it...

SO you think Im against returning to the organisation..? Far from it....what Im against is the total hypocrisy of the stance some take of BEING two faced about their whole image...and the condemnation of former friends who stood by them when they had a crisis of conscience....and sublimated it as an act of weakness when accepted back within the fold.

NickL's whole attitude is one of filling his time until the powers that be allow him sanction and blessing....he rides the edges of his conscience...and Jehovahs Witnesses WILL NEVER CHANGE until people like him completely become themselves and stand up for what they believe, instead of the enforced dogma they have to display in order to be accepted.

I dont have a religion to fill my life, I have what I read in the Bible, what I see has to be done.....

Please, have the self respect to SEE what you really are saying...its not my place to convince you that JW's are wrong, personally I think they are the closest in understanding....but it is my place to try and get you to stop bullshitting me..or yourself.

end of emotive outpouring

addition: (on a roll, will stop soon..honest)

and when you ARE reinsinstated...please remember that if you maintain friendships with d/fed ones here, you repentance is invalidated...and if you drop them..your hypocrisy will be noted...

Dont ever become a judge of men again....it wont count for anything...

absolute end of rant..end of annoyed irritated state...

Miller time

Edited by - Deacon on 1 February 2001 20:11:13

• joel
    joel

Welcome WS & DF...
    All I can say is, what I tell everyone still thinkin' the WTBTS is the place to be...READ--READ--READ it all!!

With the knowledge, comes the PEACE you desire.

Also there is a place out there for ya, if you wish to still acknowledge God with others!

Pax(Peace),
    joel

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

As Deacon so aptly pointed out, Nick, at this point in time, you would not be welcome on active JW boards such as WOL. Therefore, you come here, to "the other side of the tracks" so to speak in order to have fellowship with those who understand...with those who will not shun you....with those who will try for the most part to be supportive of whatever decision you should make for your life.

And yet, when and if you achieve your goal of regaining your position as "one of God's people", you will have to turn your back on those who extended the hand of friendship to you in order to retain your "status".

Does this make sense to you at all? It certainly doesn't to me. But, what do I know? After all, I'm inactive. I'm one of "them" now. (sigh)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit