WANTED ! JW Apologist

by wobble 389 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I guess I struck a nerve..........?

I am losing my keenness to participate......I swear I would rather read one intelligible sentence than 16 of which I cannot make any sense. Is it just me or does there seem to be a downward spiral in coherence? Almost as if one is on a diet and trying to stay away from jam tarts but speaks of them continuously, introducing them into polite conversation whether the topic is politics or the weather. Then suddenly, with complete abandon, falls face-down in a plate of jam tarts and begins gobbling them down like there's no tomorrow. Trinity, anyone?

I'm going for laughs from here on out because there is no other option..........

• wobble
    wobble

"Earnest" wants us to substitute "go-between" for mediator, O.K lets do this in 1Tim2v5&6,

" there is one go-between God and men,a man,Christ Jesus,who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all"

How does that change the truth that Jesus is the way the truth and the life,that he alone explains the Father,that we approach the father through him alone,and God responds to us through Him alone,and His ransom is for ALL.

No F.D.S or G.B in between,no one else needed to explain scripture,no limit on the number who can take advantage, in faith, of this go-between, just me Jesus and The Father,show me from scripture where you read differently.

Love

Wobble

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Can you explain how you accept a belief without believing it? besty

Hi besty, The explanation is in the word 'accept'...people accept many things while not really being sure or agreeing with them, monotheist isaac newton knew it meant his death to talk about his monotheism so he accepted the situation and only after his death were the papers found that showed he was a monotheist.

I accept the dates because whether right or wrong the holy spirit must have been acting on or around that time for them to have been gifted with so many bible truths.

Hi isaac, all christian faiths say salvation is through joining them, Jws are not unique in this, some christian religions may widen the goalposts saying 'All roads lead to God' incidently in direct contrast to Jesus saying 'narrow is the road(singular)' leading to life.

Trinity teaching is basically 3 'who's' in one 'what' but this is just not a bible teaching that without exception treats God in singular and with complete personality of one being.

Mark 15:34
    And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

John 17:3 (New International Version)

3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Exodus 34:14
    Do not worship any other god, for YHVH, whose name is Jealous, is a jealousGod.

Hi Password you are quick to defend cross usage, where is the cross in your church? bible description of graven images condemns the cross not I.

Exodus 20:4
    "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Deuteronomy 4:16
    so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman,

Leviticus 26:1
    " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

Jeremiah 18:15
    Yet my people have forgotten me; they burn incense to worthless idols, which made them stumble in their ways and in the ancient paths. They made them walk in bypaths and on roads not built up.

saying something isn't so is just empty rhetoric when the proof of it's usage and creation prove it to be an idol.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa - Where am I quick to defend cross usage? The verses you mention all relate to idolatry. I've never, ever, ever, seen anyone in a non-catholic church do anything approaching worship of a cross. Also, they're all part of the Mosaic Law covenant which was replaced, by Jesus, with the New Covenant. Just saying. LOL, imagine getting all hung up about churches displaying crosses, not worshipping them. Tsk.

The church we go to has no cross in evidence.

So, back to my point. Jesus said “It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction" Acts 1:7. Not my words, His words. I'm sure you view Jesus as a fairly authoritative figure (Matt 28:19,20 for example). Jesus said that no one knows the day or the hour of His return. So, why is it the Watch Tower Society with their teaching of 1914 - and the subsequent 1919 - say that, actually, they do have such knowledge?

Is this a scriptural teaching? Why is an enforced belief of Jehovah's Witnesses?

• wobble
    wobble

Reniaa, "The Holy Spirit must have been acting on or around that time for them to have been gifted with so many bible truths"

They taught NOTHING at the time that other religions were not teaching that THEY now consider to be Bible Truth!!!!

They also taught the cross,had no respect for the use of blood,supported the War,that Jesus prescence began in 1874,etc. etc. etc.

"on or around that time" WT speak at it's best,is three and a half years approximate, or is it really forty-two months? (hence 1919,from 1914)

Why would Jesus,our Lord,who knows the Truth,not have chosen say the "Christadelphians",who taught from the mid-1800's much as JW's teach TODAY,without change,rather than a bunch of people who taught that C.S Russell was the Faithfull and Discreet Slave that they were being appointed to be?

Can you really not see how very silly all the claims are? or are you just here to put some weird point of view which may put a "Lurker" on the track back into the Cult?

Love ,in confusion as to your motive and truthfullness,

Wobble

p.s Answer Besty's honest question,honestly, PLEASE!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Wobble, great points, well put.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Reniaa - "I accept the dates because whether right or wrong the holy spirit must have been acting on or around that time for them to have been gifted with so many bible truths."

Why would the Holy Spirit trump Jesus' words re. getting to know times and seasons?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I accept the dates because whether right or wrong"..So right or wrong,Reniaa accepts the dates..Reniaa,will take anything the WBT$ offer`s..LOL!!........Besty you have your answer after 3 days!!..LOL!! ..........."the holy spirit must have been acting on or around that time"..God sent the Holy Spirit all the way from heaven to give the WBT$ a message..And..The WBT$ can`t remember the correct day they got the message..Sounds like a real important event for the WBT$....."Ya an Angel showed up at Bethel,with a real important Message..We just can`t remember when that happened"..LOL!!.........................................."for them to have been gifted with so many bible truths."..Like :"The Generation of 1914 will not Pass Away"..LOL!!............................................................ Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Repetition for Emphasis, because we're talking about people's LIVES, here.

I accept the dates because whether right or wrong the holy spirit must have been acting on or around that time for them to have been gifted with so many bible truths.

I can't even make this stuff up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Leavingwt..A few days ago Reniaa wrote that "Sex before Marriage could become an even bigger problem,than Christmas!".............LOL!!..I think she leaves the door on her Microwave open ,so she can watch food heat up........................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit