Global Warming Scam

by read good books 105 Replies latest social current

• beksbks
    beksbks

Professor of Meteorology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.Member, Annapolis Center Science and Economic Advisory Council. Contributing Expert, Cato Institute. Contributing Expert, George C. Marshall Institute. Member, National Academy of Sciences.

Dr. Lindzen is one of the highest prolife climate skeptic scientists, arguably because he has been a member of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and contributed to the Second Assessment Report. He regularly takes issue with the general conclusions drawn from the IPCC's reports and has been at the forefront of the consistent attacks on the IPCC since the early 1990's. His prolific writings assert that climate change science is inconclusive. His opinions are cited throughout the ExxonMobil funded groups and he regularly appears at events organised by them.

Ross Gelbspan reported in 1995 that Lindzen "charges oil and coal interests $2,500 a day for his consulting services; his 1991 trip to testify before a Senate committee was paid for by Western Fuels, and a speech he wrote, entitled 'Global Warming: the Origin and Nature of Alleged Scientific Consensus,' was underwritten by OPEC." ("The Heat is On: The warming of the world's climate sparks a blaze of denial," Harper's magazine, December 1995.) Lindzen signed the 1995 Leipzig Declaration.

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/personfactsheet.php?id=17

• besty
    besty

not about the last word Gregor - its called a discussion forum - keep going/give up - its all the same to me

• ninja
    ninja

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill ... All these dangers are caused by human intervention and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."

— in The First Global Revolution, pp.104-105 by Alexander King, founder of the Club of Rome and Bertrand Schneider, secretary of the Club of Rome

• besty
    besty

I don't disagree with that conclusion Ninj - in fact its the mainstream view among environmental scientists that human-caused global warming is the biggest threat we face.

Fossil Record Supports Evidence Of Impending Mass Extinction

ScienceDaily (Oct. 24, 2007) — Global temperatures predicted for the coming centuries may trigger a new ‘mass extinction event’, where over 50 per cent of animal and plant species would be wiped out, warn scientists at the Universities of York and Leeds. The research team has, for the first time, discovered a close association between Earth climate and extinctions in a study that has examined the relationship over the past 520 million years — almost the entire fossil record available.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071024083644.htm

• hamilcarr
  • Gregor
    Gregor

"...in fact its the mainstream view among environmental scientists that human-caused global warming is the biggest threat we face."

Of course, man! That's their job! You don't seem to take into account the self interest of the promotors of this scam . It is common knowledge that Al Gore has made over $100 mil since he lost the election and got into this. Universities, scientists, enviromental organizations... the list goes on and on...it is an industry that verifies itself! You have bought in. I have not.

• beksbks
    beksbks

It seems to me if we are going to "follow the money" on this issue, it's the dissenters that are questionable. The green side is dispersed into thousands of aspects. It's the oil and maybe coal companies that stand to make or lose the biggest profits. Wonder of wonders, it's the oil companies that pay for so many of the studies that refute.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Beks, Please! Try not to be so predictable with tired liberal conspiracy plots and themes like, "Power to the People!" "Workers Unite!" "Down with Rich". You know it is not that simple.

I think you would have made a perfect wife for the Tom Courtenay character in Dr. Zivago! Alas, I think a lot of us missed our era.

Enjoy the brief revival of the Carter Adminstration.

• besty
    besty

Welcome back to the thread Gregor :-)

Universities, scientists, enviromental organizations... the list goes on and on...it is an industry that verifies itself!

I'm trying to keep this thread focused on primary source basic research but you seem determined to avoid that in favour of ideology and unsubstantiated claims.

Is your premise that tens of thousands of climate scientists are amorally publishing bogus research?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Gregor, when faced with predictable right wing hive mind speak, what can one do but go back to the basics? Power to the people. Quite right, by the people for the people. Workers unite. Yes of course, how else can the underdog achieve any power, or even a fair deal? Down with rich. Noooo, not down with the rich, I hope to be rich one day. I would however say, down with allowing the rich ruling class to determine the course of our lives and country, now very earth. Just because you on the right have decided that Exxon and Haliburton etc. etc. etc. deserve your protection, to the detriment of 90% of Americans, doesn't mean the rest of us have.

Hmmm I remember almost nothing of that movie, other than Rod Stieger was a pig as usual. Bur Norma Rae, or Karen Silkwood? Sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit