Global Warming Scam

by read good books 105 Replies latest social current

• read good books
    read good books

This article out lines the truth about the Global Warming Scam. http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscorner/38574742.html

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I love your topics read good books.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Let me add that I hope this site always has a variety of viewpoints. It is boring as hell when everybody agrees.

BTS

• read good books
    read good books

Thanks BTS.

This article was kind of a long read I should have cut it down but for those who don't have time there is one important point to remember. Al Gore built his whole Gobal warming/carbon tax the public program on the work of this scientist and then when the scientist completly changed his views at the end of his career Gore dismissed him as a senile old man and maintained the debate on Global Warming was over. Gore refuses to debate it and just resorts to name calling against opponants of Global warming. I am not sure when the real Al Gore debates were ever held on Global Warming?

• exjdub
    exjdub

Even though I believe we are changing the climate, I keep an open mind to articles such as the one you posted. Here is where I feel things veer off course right in the beginning, before he even gets to the debate:

How did we ever get to this point where bad science is driving big government to punish the citizens for living the good life that fossil fuels provide for us?

That is just ignorant. We know that we have a finite amount of fossil fuel. We know we are dependent on foreign oil and need to change that. We know that fossil fuels cause quite a bit of pollution. So, knowing all of that, we know we need to change our approach to energy needs. However, the more we have people calling the global warming theory a hoax (which is also a theory, not a fact), the longer we will sit and do nothing. Change needs to happen, and is happening now. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, wind farms are a reality and are functioning well.

Here are some questions I ask people who believe global warming is a myth and they don't have reasonable answers for them, so perhaps you would like to help: If the global warming theory is pushing us to make changes to be energy independent and to seek methods that will deliver clean alternatives to fossil fuel, while at the same time cleaning up the earth (and yes, helping us not impact the earth quite so much)...what is wrong with that? Why is this so hard to embrace? Do you have a problem with weaning ourselves off of fossil fuel? Do you deny that we will eventually run out of fossil fuel? If so, when would you want to begin looking for alternatives to fossil fuel, after the wells start drying up?

exjdub

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Here are some questions I ask people who believe global warming is a myth and they don't have reasonable answers for them, so perhaps you would like to help: If the global warming theory is pushing us to make changes to be energy independent and to seek methods that will deliver clean alternatives to fossil fuel, while at the same time cleaning up the earth (and yes, helping us not impact the earth quite so much)...what is wrong with that? Why is this so hard to embrace? Do you have a problem with weaning ourselves off of fossil fuel?

It's the same question one might ask regarding the jws. If the religion pushes people to live a better life, then why is it so difficult to embrace the organization? The difficulty lies in the enforcing of a mindset. ..in expecting everyone to march in lockstep... and not question.

You can work towards alternative energy, and conservation without the "sky is falling" mentality that is so common among global warming followers. Just because I don't believe in man made global warming/climate change does not mean that I have a problem with weaning ourselves off fossil fuels.

Many of the leaders of the gw movement actually stand in the way of alternative energy... for example, here in MA, both John Kerry and Ted Kennedy are fighting hard to prevent Cape Wind...a proposed windfarm off the coast of Cape Cod (way off) because they have homes on the Cape and islands...and they don't want anything to obstruct their view. And look at Al Gore... if he really believed what he preaches, he would live it. He does not. He uses more energy in a week than I do in a year.

Coffee who has to go to work now, driving my Honda Fit that averages 37-38 mpg

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Since when did the media love Al Gore? They make fun of him at every chance they get. Here we go again about Global Climate Change. That is what is really is isn't it? How come we have five days of cold cold weather then it turns sixty for a few days? It is just not the way it used to be all of us can see that, can't we? I don't ever remember as a child hearing of animals disappearing. Why are there so many children born with asthma and allergeries today? No one had problems like that forty years ago when I went to school. What is making everyone sick? The air we breathe is so important for our health and the water we drink, too. When did it become so difficult for people to realize that the media isn't the only way to get information. There are so many books that people write to take one side or the other. Can't we take a long look at nature to see what is happening? Why forests are being cut down? How the mining companies are flattening the Appillation (sp?) Mountains? This is something to get more coal. Like a few of the above posters I can't believe there isn't something happening to the planet we all share. Let's take care of it so the next generation can have a place to live.

• read good books
    read good books

Since when did the media love Al Gore? They gave him the Nobel Prize for research which has been widely criticized by scientist around the planet. They had held a big Global Warming love in festival for him that was broadcast around the world. When some protesters crashed that party they were quickly given the hook.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

The media gave him the Nobel Prize? I wasn't aware they are able to do this? Didn't he get an Oscar, too?

• exjdub
    exjdub
    It's the same question one might ask regarding the jws. If the religion pushes people to live a better life, then why is it so difficult to embrace the organization? The difficulty lies in the enforcing of a mindset. ..in expecting everyone to march in lockstep... and not question.

Coffee...actually it's not the same question. Different animal altogether, but I do understand the "enforcing of a mindset" and "expecting everyone to march in lockstep...and not question". I too have problems with that and that is why I am keeping an open mind with the global change debate. But what is it about the global change debate that forces you to march in lockstep? The fact that the government is spending money to fund the research? That goes on with all sorts of things that I don't agree with, so why would people that don't believe that there is global change draw the line in the sand there?

I guess that's the hard part for me to understand. I hear more anger directed at the global change debate than I see directed toward the wall street bailout! I just don't get the whole hatin' on the global warming thing...

You can work towards alternative energy, and conservation without the "sky is falling" mentality that is so common among global warming followers. Just because I don't believe in man made global warming/climate change does not mean that I have a problem with weaning ourselves off fossil fuels.

I agree, however you can also work towards alternative energy without the "drill baby drill" mentality that is so common among global warming naysayers. I don't have a "sky is falling mentality", but I do believe we need to do as much as we can to change the impact that we have on the earth and we need to start doing it individually as soon as possible.

As far as Ted Kennedy is concerned, I am aware of the Cape Cod "not in my backyard" position that all of the folk on Martha's Vineyard have taken and I think it is hypocritical. You won't get an argument from me on that one.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit