So I told him I am moving out...

by WuzLovesDubs 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He`s probably in shock..You may have just as well smacked him upside the head with a frying pan!..LOL!!.......Sometimes it`s better to leave..You could stay and suffer,but what would be the point?.................................

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Do you think he's wondering if you'll give him cause for a "scriptural" divorce?

Well, if you do, enjoy it, I certainly have.

David: We are not in contact, no, but I certainly think I undetrstand, having escaped from my toxic relationship merely 6 months ago.

A@G

• yknot
  • flipper
    flipper

WUZLUVDUBS- Interesting reaction from your husband. His lack of a reaction to me indicates he knew this was coming and has already somewhat prepared himself for this moment. Also you get a good indicator of his selfishness with the whole life insurance scenario discussion. I think you are better off. This guy will always be married to Jehovah, not you - and that is one of the worst threesomes that's ever existed. The non-witness mate always ends up losing out on affection in the end. Better to cut your losses now while you are somewhat younger and move on with your life. You will live to love another day. Hang in there and keep your chin up. Things will improve in time

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's a great big electronic hug ((((((((((((((((WuzLovesDubs)))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear your story, but thanks for posting it. It may help you and it
    certainly will help others looking for fellow understanding.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sorry to hear about this. His reaction was cold to say the least.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Thanks again you guys. I think those of you who figured he was probably expecting this are right. And as a JW he wouldnt be the one to file for divorce. Besides which he was perfectly content with the status quo...me taking care of the house, the kids, the finances, the shopping, cleaning, mowing, laundry........ so why would he bring all that stuff to do upon himself when I was stupid enough to stay here and do it for him? It will be culture shock for him to take care of that stuff himself.

I went out with my daughter yesterday house hunting and damned if I didnt find EXACTLY what I was looking for about a mile away from here. Its a bit mrore than I wanted to pay but the rental includes yard service and a pool service. I found a little 2-bed 2 bath with cathedral ceilings. Immaculate. The man who owns it lives next door and is a Type A contractor, currently out of a job, and he has renovated this little home from top to bottom and its fabulous. Terra cotta tiles throughout, new carpeting in the bedrooms, new siding, new screens on the screened in patio, new landscaping and sod, new pool liner, new counters and appliances...and he takes care of EVERYTHING for me. And its within walking distance for my son to go see his friends from here and is still in the school district I wanted him to be in when he starts high school in the fall. When I saw it it was like the Miracle on 34th Street when she sees the house she has always wanted and recognizes it. I recognized this house as mine. My daughter thought I was crazy. I parked backwards on the wrong side of the street and went straight up to the door. Looked in the windows, saw it was empty, knocked and then just walked in LOL! The owner was in the back working. We hit it off immediately. Spent half an hour walking through and as I left I said I hoped to be back and he said, "I hope you do! You are exactly the kind of people I want living here!" And my daughter LOVED it. It had PEACE, QUIET, SUNSHINE, JOY...oozing from it.

I feel MUCH better about life today. Now I just have to figure out the finances!!

hugs, LD

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

How exciting to find such a great house.

Sounds like you are going to have fun and get on with a new life.

Peace, Quiet, Sunshine and JOY!

purps

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Besides which he was perfectly content with the status quo...me taking care of the house, the kids, the finances, the shopping, cleaning, mowing, laundry........ so why would he bring all that stuff to do upon himself when I was stupid enough to stay here and do it for him? It will be culture shock for him to take care of that stuff himself.

Wow, deja vu... I was the one doing it all (albeit no kids), while she was happy to let me do it all... when I realized this, I saw how one sided our relationship was. Now she has had to learn to deal with many daily things... not easy when she was used to hubby washing her clothes, cooking, paying all the bills, etc...

Good for you on your house find.. as I said, it will only get better!

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Wow, Wuz you are moving quickly. I wish you well. Sorry for his reaction. Kinda like a deer caught in the headlights, huh? Insurance is the only thing he could think to bring up. Maybe, he was clueless? I am still working on getting over my divorce as some of us on here have gone through one. As you know it takes time. I moved out as soon as I found a place, but I moved states away. Found out end of May moved beginning of August. If you move close by at least he can still come by to see the children. Hope it works out for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit