So I told him I am moving out...

by WuzLovesDubs 33 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

...and there was no reaction at all. Flat line. No expression on his face whatsoever. Wouldnt you think that a 22 year marriage ending would emote SOME kind of response? I was flabbergasted.

When I said I had decided to move out and that it was time for me to go, he didnt say "Why" he said "Where?" and then his next question was about cancelling my mortgage life insurance policy and how not having any term life insurance wasnt a good idea. (um why...you planning on offing me or?) Say what??? It was surreal. All he said after that was "Can we afford for you to do this?" Um...you have no CHOICE but to "afford" it bunky.

I left it that he can think about it and decide if he wants a separation or if he wants me to just divorce him and get it all settled. Again...no reaction. I said he would now be obligated to shun me like he shuns his mother, 100%. No reaction. So I gave up... I said no matter where I move to he would always be welcome in my home because we may not be able to live together but he will always be the father of our children. Again...nothing. So I left the room and went back to the couch for the night. Just layed there for two hours wondering what the hell just happened.

Now we have officially entered the Twilight Zone around here. Im starting the money saving, house hunting, packing and sorting process for real.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

It gets better LD, it gets better. And he doesn't have to shun you... my ex doesn't shun me (although I wouldn't mind it if she did, lol)...

I know this is a really hard time for you, but once you get on with your life it will be better.

A@G

• beksbks
    beksbks

Good for you Wuz. Just do it. I remember the day I woke up and thought "this is all my life will ever be", and it scared the hell out of me. I'm so glad I did it, wish I'd done it sooner. No kidding, it will be one of the hardest things you'll ever do, but you will open up your life to endless possibilities.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm sorry you have to go through this, that's horrible! It will get better.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm sure in his mind he's thinking "Is Satan doing this to me ... or is Jehovah punishing me?"

Even though you didn't mention it, mental abuse is still abuse. His lack of response seems to indicate that he is an emotional cripple.

I can't really offer any advice to your situation. I have been divorce twice, but no children were involved. My current marriage (3rd) has been strained since I've left the WT organization, but we managed to talk it out and salvage our marriage. Slowly, but surely, things have been getting better. Of course, this isn't about me ... so, do what you feel is right.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Sorry to hear your story! Remember these people are Zombies so you can't expect a Zombie to have emotions.lol Peace!

• still_in74
    still_in74

I'm sure in his mind he's thinking "Is Satan doing this to me ... or is Jehovah punishing me?"

I doubt that. If he thought Satan was testing him he would probably be less apathetic and acutally care about what is happening. He's numb. He is disillusioned about life and likely his faith. He has family all around him that reject his faith and denying the reality of his situation has kept it "not real"

Well now you have made it real. His life is falling apart even though he is doing everything by JW books. He's talkng business (can we afford...?) because he's numb, emotionless, and doesnt know how to respond. Likely he wants it to happen but will never admit to it because that wouldnt be "christian" of him.

Remember, JW's are in the business of waiting. They just wait things out. (wait for new system, on Jehovah, etc) He was just waiting for you to take the first step on this.

Best of luck!

• llbh
    llbh

Wow, you do not hang about! From what you have said this seems to be recognizing the reality, sad though it is.

I echo the comments of others here it is difficult, but will become easier with of time.

BTW have you been talking to Awake and Gilead ??

Regards David

• oompa
    oompa

WOW........oompa

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Do you think he's wondering if you'll give him cause for a "scriptural" divorce?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit