Is Jesus Jehovah?

by lostsheep82 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

incoherent isaac :S ok How can Jesus be fully god and fully man at the same time and the Man bit die to satisfy the Ranson yet the God bit not die so he doesn't break the bible word that says God doesn't die?

Fact! Jesus the son dies so he cannot be God! unless some part of him remains alive and that bit has to be God, but if all of him doesn't die how can he have paid the full ransom price for adam who completely died in his sin and the ranson had to be a full death to repay it lol I still find this so incredible that people actually believe the trinity in view of this and the fact deut talks of YHVH not Lord.

If i'm incoherent it's because this whole explanation is.

Sorry isaac.

• reniaa
    reniaa

actually burn I do agree if you are allowed to use other sources than the bible it's fair to say we will have to agree to disagree. I only use the bible and certainly as final word on a subject :)

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New International Version)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Actually, Burns, as you well know the Bible is certainly NOT the sole source for JWs. In fact, they're not really even concerned about what is written in the Bible, especially if it contradicts them.

Rather, it's every utterance as spoken by the SLAVE.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

incoherent isaac :S ok How can Jesus be fully god and fully man at the same time and the Man bit die to satisfy the Ranson yet the God bit not die so he doesn't break the bible word that says God doesn't die? Because he emtpied himself and became a man..a human being. Fact! Jesus the son dies so he cannot be God! False. The OSn emtpied himself and became a man...capable of dying. unless some part of him remains alive and that bit has to be God, but if all of him doesn't die how can he have paid the full ransom price for adam who completely died in his sin and the ranson had to be a full death to repay it lol I still find this so incredible that people actually believe the trinity in view of this and the fact deut talks of YHVH not Lord. Duet is unrelated to the ransom. Stop linking unrelated texts. The Son died and was raised up- just as he said he would be. If i'm incoherent it's because this whole explanation is. Sorry isaac. I am sorry you are blinded as well Reniaa.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Actually, Burns, as you well know the Bible is certainly NOT the sole source for JWs. In fact, they're not really even concerned about what is written in the Bible, especially if it contradicts them.

They claim it is, and use rationalization to support their views. In reality, it isn't. The governing body is the sole source for the JWs, and they twist their interpretation of the Bible to make it fit what they say.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

ctually burn I do agree if you are allowed to use other sources than the bible it's fair to say we will have to agree to disagree. I only use the bible and certainly as final word on a subject :)
    2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New International Versio
    n)
    16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work..

No one is denying this Reniaa, as I said, I believe the Bible is a rule of faith, what some of us are contesting is your interpretation of Scripture. What is the pillar and bulwark of the truth, Reniaa?

BTS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Imagine that! A Christian religion based upon a Unique Interpretation ofScripture!

"My UIS is better than yours!"

-LWT

• reniaa
    reniaa

Well we can only test the faiths against the bible standard.

Is Jesus Jehovah? Well Deut 6:4 declares YHVH is our one God the our first commandments one that was enforced to the point of death by Jews did he lie to them? did he make the light get brighter only for the christians of the 3rd century who saw Jesus was fully God and a birth of a new 3 =1 belief was born with caesar instruction and endorcement?

Are the Jws lying when they say fornication is condemned by the bible and adultery?

are the Jws lying when they say the bible teaches women are not to be leaders is that unbiblical?

Does the bible teach we should worship Jesus's death image?

When personal opinion clashes with the bible do you choose personal opinion?

As a rule of thumb the more unbiblical rhetoric a teaching needs the less I believe it, a one God teaching needs no rhetoric only scriptures easily found.

isaac you tell me trinity allows for Jesus to be God yet not to be YHVH and still be biblical given deut teaches YHVH is our one almighty God.you have yet to give me a convincing point on this biblically.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You are dodging the issue Reniaa.

BTS

• reniaa
    reniaa

Well i'm addressing the topic in hand do you want me to address an off topic issue like gb? we have leaders did the trinity sit in asynod and have a caesar tell them to preach trinity to there followers thus changing chrisitanity forever? We are given the bible and holy spirit for guidance if we wouldn't have such a fractured faith now.

to be honest I find it hard to believe there are so few monotheistic christian faiths, I know christianity had a policy of killing and destroting all heresy but even so the percentages just don't add up.

Did paul and others use biblical priciple and debate to decide on circumcism?

the answer to that is why we have leaders and as to whether the Jws are the one true faith.

mathew 13 : 24 Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28 " 'An enemy did this,' he replied.
    "The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'

29 " 'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.' "

and the explanation

mathew 13 : 36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field."

37 He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40 "As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

this is a prophecy from Jesus how do you understand it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit