Is Jesus Jehovah?

by lostsheep82 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OBVES
    OBVES

John 17.3;20.17 cannot be refuted the way they are given in the Bible. There is only one true God and he is the Father and God to both Jesus and his servants. Jesus is the man from heaven . He was man ,is and will be forever .God Yahweh is not a man and never was .

• reniaa
    reniaa

HI guys, I had to message on this one your getting your trinity wrong. Basically trinity has to say Jesus is Jehovah because of one scripture.

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: YHVH our God, is one YHVH.

This is the first commandment and is saying specifically Jehovah is One God as ALL of the 'One God' scriptures in hebrew scriptures do, IF you say Jesus isn't YHVH then you are making God a polytheistic God and therefore not biblical. Personally I think this scripture completely shows why Jesus isn't God when the commandment itself is refering to YHVH not Lord as was later added. lol the confusion that changing a name nearly 7000 times will do ^^

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well ... well ... well ... Look who has returned! Welcome back, Reniaa. How was your Christmas? The scripture you shared doesn't disprove the Trinity. In fact, if we read it as the Watchtower would it would say, "Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God, is one Jehovah." Noone disagrees with that. The problem is the Watchtower teaches that the Trinity doctrine is three Gods as One. This isn't what Christianity teaches. Never has. The doctrine states that God is the Triune God, existing as three persons. Each of the persons is understood as having the one identical essence or nature, not merely similar natures. I think you're confusing the issue that Christianity teaches that Jesus is the Father. It never has. Hope you'll stick around this time ... or is this a hit and run?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Lol sacolton it will be a bit fly by posting but I might post a few today since I took the time to get on, the thing is i'm too contraversial for this site as a pro-Jw :)

Lets look at this scripture I accept people try to teach trinity is separate persons.

This scripture says Jehovah is one God as the whole of hebrew scriptures says it. the Jews had One God and his name was Jehovah/YHVH.

are you saying Jesus comes along later and gets added to God Jehovah?

Or are you saying he is part of Jehovah the Godhead but a separate person? therefore trinity is teaching Jesus is Jehovah in both cases. because he still has to come under the unbrella of Jehovah our 'One god' to be classed as God as the Jews commandment understand it and as Jesus quoting deut backed up when asked.

Mark 12:28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. [a]

if you say Jesus isn't Jehovah as the jews understood it then you are directly contradicting the one Jehovah God of the hebrew scriptures and Jesus's own words.

Remember the point of this post is "is Jesus Jehovah?" and for trinity to work he has to be otherwise it is a false doctrine as I believe it is.

how can Jehovah be separate to Jesus and trinity work? trinity is trying to say 3 = 1 but that One is called Jehovah specifically so either Jesus is Jehovah or trinity is polytheistic.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

reniaa. You demonstrate that, like my parents, you do not understand the doctrine you are trying to debunk. If you wish to be effective in pointing out errors in the Trinity, you will have to understand it.

Otherwise, you will end up like my father, strutting about believing he has won against the devil purely on the grounds that a Trinitarian wasn't able to deconvert him. He won't listen long enough to understand what the opposition believes. He really only effectively debates the Trinity with non-christians or Christians who have been asleep in the pews. Preying on their ignorance to feed his ego. Of course, anyone who can effectively take him to task on his beliefs is just written off as being led astray by the devil and their door is not knocked on again. After seventy years my mother still doesn't know all of her own doctrines, let alone the doctrines of the religion she is an Apostate of. Cheers Chris
  • possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, reniaa. Since I myself do not believe the Trinity, I do not have the necessity of defending that doctrine, but the doctrine of the Trinity is different from what you are explaining.
    Therefore, I explained repeatedly that the expression "Jehovah is Jesus" is not the Trinity. First, unless you understand correctly what kind of doctrine the Trinity is, you do not have the qualification for attacking that doctrine. Your way is the same as the way the Governing Body attacks the Trinity.
    It is the way the Governing Body deceives people. possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

"Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: YHVH our God, is one YHVH." Thomas refers to Jesus as "my God and my Lord". Knowing there's only one true God, must we conclude Jesus is a false God?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    "Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: YHVH our God, is one YHVH." Thomas refers to Jesus as "my God and my Lord". Knowing there's only one true God, must we conclude Jesus is a false God?

JW apologist answer: Jesus is neither the true God nor a false god. Hebrews 8:2 talks about the "true tent" God made in heaven. Does that mean to say the Israelites carried a "false tent" around the wilderness for years?

• reniaa
    reniaa

hamil, slim, and blacksheep rhetoric is not proof.

Do we accept the Jews believed in one God and his name was YHWH?

Do we accept Jesus directly quoted from this scripture and agreeing with deut 6:4 that YHVH is One God?

Now trinity teaches JEsus is a person and is co-equal co-eternal with God so he was God with the father from the very start?

If all the above statements are true, trinity Must be teaching YHVH is Jesus otherwise Jesus was not God when Deut was written.

Now show me how this is not the case biblically?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If all the above statements are true, trinity Must be teaching YHVH is Jesus otherwise Jesus was not God when Deut was written.

Now you are starting to get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit