Is Jesus Jehovah?

by lostsheep82 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Some honest help would be appreciated."

I honestly believe that your question is pointless. What does it matter if Jesus is Jehovah, assuming they exist at all? The concept of the trinity cannot be logically explained. Either you believe it or you don't. The most honest help I can think of is to forget the whole tangled mess and use your time to do some tangible good in the here-and-now world. It could use some honest help.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

It isn't a pointless question when you are trying to understand something different than what you were taught.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I like that article Madgiant. Thanks

• jwfacts
  • Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

This is absurd! That's why i don't believe the bible is anything anymore. Arguments like this are absolutley retarded. If there is a God you don't know what he is..... he didn't give you enough information to tell what he is now move on already! The bible is a book of obscure stories that are mixed with truth and fairytales. Do any research on the bible and find out its shady past and watch your faith in it crumble.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jesus is not Jehovah--in fact, the two couldn't be farther apart in teachings. Jesus became as God, first to himself, and then to those who he was teaching to break away from established religion. From what Jesus taught, when taken as parables that were intended to help people break free from the "do as you are told" mode, the root of all sin was laziness, dishonesty, and envy. From these came stagnation (the result of all real sin), and all the other "immoral" practices. By attacking the laziness, dishonesty, and envy, Jesus sought to cause the foundation of all other immoral acts to crumble, and that would have in fact been the end of all sin.

By comparison, Jehovah taught people that they had to do as they were told, regardless. That teaching actually promotes laziness. Lazy people often become dishonest and/or envious, and if Jehovah Himself had those traits, He couldn't have not spread it to those under Him. Under that system, parents were required to pass these three sins onto their children (there was even a law that required parents to make their children do as Jehovah told them to). What is actually moral perfection, by the corrupt standard of Jehovah, becomes "sin", creating the illusion of inborn imperfection.

• parakeet
    parakeet

lostsheep: "It isn't a pointless question when you are trying to understand something different than what you were taught."

The questions: Are Jehovah and Jesus separate entities? Are Jehovah and Jesus 2/3 of a composite diety?

Both questions are pointless and not worth your time and effort to "understand" them, because there can be no definitive answer to either one. Which came first -- the chicken or the egg? Who cares? It's not important. Get real.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Taking the bible at face value, the answer is no. Jesus clearly stated that he came to do the will of one that sent him. This indicates two separate people. Jesus clearly stated that his father was greater than he was. Thus they are not equal.

Now when you throw in the religious jibber-jaber, you're liable to come up with any number of concoctions about who they are.

Anyway, same or not, anyone know where they might be vacationing? There are a several inhabited drowning islands off the coast of Japan that could use some assistance, not to mention about a billion other folks.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The definition of the Trinity argued against by my JW parents is nothing like the one below.

This definition makes more sense to me than my father's mumbling excuse for John 20:28.

"The Doctrine of the Trinity teaches that within the unity of the one Godhead there are three separate persons who are coequal in power, nature, and eternity."
    Walter Martin

I eventually came to the conclusion that all religious writings are man's thoughts about God, not God's thoughts about man.

Cheers

Chris

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I guess it also depends on how you view the scripture that says " no one can see God and live " I believe I've seen the almighty and I'm very much alive.

Is Jesus Jehovah?

In the bible, there are many examples of transformation: From moon to sun, from eve to adam, from jacob to israel, from adam to christ, death to life, body to sprity, from son to father - (how I see it anyways) From the god of the old testimont (jah) to the god of the new testimont (jesus) It's difficult to put this theory down, it is better spoken out.

As for who Jesus was praying too - I don't know, perhaps he physical being was speaking out to his greater awareness. Ask yourself how many times you've spoken to yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit