Is Jesus Jehovah?

by lostsheep82 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@Number1Anarchist;

If there is a God you don't know what he is..... he didn't give you enough information to tell what he is now move on already!

As a human being, who are you? Explain who you are succinctly please and don't leave any gaps whereby we'd need to use our cognitive powers or else your explanation will come across as retarded.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Heck, we can't even explain how gravity works. It's quite possible the explaination of God is beyond our realm of understanding, but is it important? We don't need to understand how gravity works to know it exists. One way to understand the physical explaination of God is the triple point of water when the temperature and pressure at which three phases of that substance coexist in thermodynamic equilbrium. One element (water) that has three forms (gas, liquid and solid) at the same time. One God ... three in union.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Spend a few minutes and listen to this lecture by Walter Martin.

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity.ram

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity2.ram

RealPlayer will be required to listen to them.

Even if you're a non-believer, this is interesting, as he uses the Scriptures to deconstruct the JW idea of the Trinity.

-LWT

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Passwordprotected what if i was an alien from another planet. We are talking about things that are alien to us and you want to make them out like they are as simple as describing a human being. Draw me a picture of what God looks like if it's so simple i would be happy to see that one. My point is the argument is retarded because your argueing about things you know nothing about. they are ALIEN to you and all humans so move on already and stop guessing at things you know absolutley nothing about. Sacolton is right these are things beyond our comprehension the rest of his comment is pure nonsense and don't look to the bible for definitive answers because they're not there.

Defending your new faith i see.lol Oh' now you have the real truth this time right? How convenient you finally found the truth.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Here's another take on the Jesus/Jehovah debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmhFniUTQIE

• still_in74
    still_in74

answer - God, the God-son, the trinity - all of these concepts come from pagan religions that preceeded them. Those sects also stemmed from sun worshippers and astrologers before them.

all relgion comes from myths and legends and astrologers before them. Period.

There is no reason for your existance. The universe owes us/you nothing. Your life is pure circumstance and coincidence.

Dont like that answer? Then keep looking for the true god of the bible that has hundreds of theological similarities to numerous astrological sects spanning millenia before it was written.
    Keep looking for the "god-head" the triune god of Christianity and dont worry about all those other triune gods of other religions who's God-son was sent to earth via a virgin birth on Dec 25 during the winter solstice.
    Who's god-son died for 3 days and was resurected - just like the actual sun appears to do between Dec 21 & Dec 24 before "resurrecting" to create longer days.
    the god-son who had 12 apostles instead of 12 signs of the zodiac, the god-son who would be with us until the end of the age (Pisces) as we look forward to the next age (aquarius).

Gnostics wrote stories. Sects were formed around these stories and they were embellished. Sects became powerful cults and rulers contended with them.
    Pagan Romans adopted the sect of Christianity to unify the empire. Pagan Romans compiled the bible cannon, deciding for themselves what Christians beleve. These books were translated over & over, mistakes made, modifications made. All other writings of the era were burned so that only the new Roman Christianity would flourish. Christianity is a Pagan religion too. A Pagan myth

Sorry.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@Number1Anarchist - I'm not saying I've found the truth. I have a belief system, as do you.

So, let's say you were an alien, how would you describe yourself to us humans? What if we couldn't grasp everything about your being? Should we just disregard you and start viewing you - or anyone who tried to get a handle on you - as retarded? Now, be careful, you could easily start drifting into an ad hominem attack. I won't take offense if you do, though, because you are an anarchist, and the number 1 anarchist at that, so it should be expected.

• rocky
    rocky

The JW would say something like this I gues:

http://www.jehovah.to/exe/general/archangel.htm

The titel of it is: Angels as Jehovah's Representatives - Is Jesus Christ Michael the Archangel?

• OBVES
    OBVES

Go to google group alt.bible and read my latest posts there on who is Jesus.

Harold Camping - the best ( in my view ) Bible preacher on radio claims Jesus is Jehovah. That is a fallacious statement .

He uses Isaiah 43.11 that there is one saviour . He thinks if Jesus is a saviour he must be Jehovah of the Old Testament .

Obadiah 1.21 states there are saviours ( more than one ) .

Jehovah's Witnesses has much better view on who is Jesus. Their view however can be improved which is you can find by reading my posts on alt.bible or alt.religion.jehovahs-witn ( also a google group ).

• OBVES
    OBVES

To have the Trinity as one God we would have to have in the Bible :

1/3 of God the Father ,1/3 of God the Son and 1/3 of God the Holy Spirit .It is found nowhere in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit