6 human Needs! Most Importantly is a need for Certainty!

by Number1Anarchist 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    BTS: By the way, you seem to describe theism as a psychological phenomenon. Atheism is one also.

Everything can be described as a psychological phenomenom. All atheists ever say is "show us god!" And they mean that! What's psychological about that?

• oompa
    oompa

where the hell is sex???.........oompa

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

That first comment was all for BTS. He always thinks i'm atheist. BTS and i don't agree on much.

No, it's up to each individual to decide for themselves what certainty is for them. I am very certain religion is full of it.lol

Thinking about religion makes me vomit.lol I think it's biological that we need those 6 things and maybe for some or should i say the masses need religion to fullfill that. Religion fullfills alot of those 6 things but does that make it a good thing? Not for me. :-) I will fullfill my 6 things without religion.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I used to lurk at a raw foods forum and they were certifiably insane. Their disbelief in most everything that's true, in the face of evidence, was scary. They not only believed in complimentary medicine, they disbelieved anyone who was a doctor or scientist....believing they knew more than doctors and scientists.

I found myself wishing the site would get closed down for allowing medical advice to be given w/o a license. People would come there for the first time and ask questions like, "I am suicidal. What herbs should I take," or, "I'm having severe internal bleeding. Which herbs should I take?" And people would push the poster not to get proper medical attention.

There are several well-known models of human needs.....Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is the most interesting, IMO. But I can't believe anything the raw foodists say, sorry!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Six Human Needs

1. A need for Certainty

2. Need for variety

3. Need to feel significant

4. Need for connection and love

5. Need for growth

6. Need to contribute

Anarchist

Where ever this is from, I think these are legit talking points. Certainty is probably the lightning rod on this, as it means different things to different people, and certainty has killed as much as it has caused fulfillement in peoples lives. I wonder what certainty means for an ex JW?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Most of us would have deteriorating health, if we went vegetarian.

There is little question we evolved on a diet that included meat, but I am not aware of any studies/proof that suggest we cannot be in good health w/o meat. There are plants that contain all the necessary amino acids (quinoa), complimentary proteins was a myth disproven long ago, etc.

There are health benefits to not eating meat-- .3 the risk of colon cancer. For those of us that eat a diet lower in protein than the typical American diet, there are health benefits to that as well--lowered osteoprosis risk, etc.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I agree AllTimeJeff, but most won't do that. Iv'e seen them argue over the trinity as if they know exactly what God is after reading a few scriptures. It's pathetic at best. these people which are the majority have no clue yet force there beliefs off on you and threaten hellfire for all eternity. Not anyone on this board but iv'e see all the arguments on youtube argueing over who serves the true God Whether you're Muslim or whatever religion they are all the same.

Lol Oompa that was good one. I guess number 4 would cover that one.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Rebel8 i absolutley agree. There are so many Quacks in the natural food industry. I remember all kinds of Brothers and sisters selling all the natural suppliments. i don't take any suppliments.... they just came out with an article that they are useless but i guess that's up to each individual to decide. i think eating balanced diet is best and i love meat way to much to totally quit. The natural industry is unregulated lunatics IMO. I just want to eat more healthy and live a long productive life. Thx

Good one AllTimeJeff, I think for me certainty for being an ex jdub is i am very certain i am happy i left. It was in a raw foods Documentary i watched. that is why i shared on the board because i liked it so much especially like you said the Certainty part. thx

• rebel8
    rebel8

I eat lots of raw food. Love it. Maslow's pyramid kind of looks like the food pyramid, haha, talk about a segue between 2 unrelated topics!

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Me too! I think it adds to the topic because all those things are what a person needs to lead a fullfilling life. We start to feel depressed if we are not fullfilled with the things around us and start to make changes to fullfill those needs. Thx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit