6 human Needs! Most Importantly is a need for Certainty!

by Number1Anarchist 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Six Human Needs

1. A need for Certainty

2. Need for variety

3. Need to feel significant

4. Need for connection and love

5. Need for growth

6. Need to contribute

This was from a documentary on raw foods diet. He explained that you never get rid of anything you just replace it. A need for certainty is defined as comfort which can apply to anything good or as bad as somone who takes drugs to feel comforted or any addiction including faith. When you replace the Watchtower with Christianity that is your need for certainty. So old habits are hard to break and not always replaced with some thing good but are always replaced.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'a documentary on raw foods diet'

Unless you grew up on raw food, then raw food diets are not good for you. That considerably reduces the value of anything else that they say.

S

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I am only interested in eating healthy and would never become a full vegetarian but would like to eat alot more vegetables and raw is the best way to eat them. They explain it takes a year or more to become completley raw food eater. I saw another documentary on people who ate garbage and they opened up dead bodies to show the organs of people who don't eat healthy and it will make you sick. I started eating raw vegetables for snacking instead of chips and cookies. I'm 6 ft and 175 so i'm not fat just want to cut back on the garbage. Why would you say raw foods would not be good for me? Raw foods are good for everyone you just can't jump right in and just eat raw foods.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    1. A need for Certainty

A delusion. There is no certainty in this world, and people wreck all that is good trying to ensure it. "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."

By the way, you seem to describe theism as a psychological phenomenon. Atheism is one also.

BTS

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

When you replace the Watchtower with Christianity that is your need for certainty.

a bit oversimplistic on the judgment call, there! There are a multitude of reasons for conversion to any faith. Perhaps you need more hands on experience with real people. :-))

Randy

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Why would you say raw foods would not be good for me?'

Because, cooking is the beginning of the digestion process. Cooking starts the break down action of food, which is what most of us are used to. A lot of people would have digestion problems if they started eating a lot of raw veges. Why not start eating raw meat, too?

Some jungle tribes grow/grew up eating a lot of raw stuff, including stuff like frogs and slugs. For them, it's fine. We, however, are a different story. We (us europeans, anyway) have been eating cooked for centuries.

There is stuff in meat that most of us need. Most of us would have deteriorating health, if we went vegetarian. Despite all of the above, you are going in the right direction. I just think that going all the way, totally raw and totally vegetarian is unwise.

S

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Certainty is anything that makes you feel comforted. I think you missed that. You seem to always think i'm an atheist just because i don't agree with you or the bible or Christianity. I don't know anything and i am comforted by that. My point is also is that people like yourself cannot leave that same mindset of being comforted by religion. It could be looked upon as an addiction that you are not mentally strong enough to stop. It's your opium!

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Randy you noticed my cheap shot.lol I think it takes real thought to break old habits and replace them with newer and more beneficial habits. Why do you need religion have you ever asked yourself that question and why are you comforted by it. i don't get that after leaving the Watchtower. thx

I agree Satanus! I would never take anything to extreme. thx

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You seem to always think i'm an atheist

I don't recall dialog with you on this point.

My point is also is that people like yourself cannot leave that same mindset of being comforted by religion.

Hmmm... well the times I haven't thought about religion have been quite free of discomfort, thank you!

Thinking about religion has always made me much more uncomfortable. :-))

Randy

It could be looked upon as an addiction that you are not mentally strong enough to stop. It's your opium!

If I stop it now, will that help?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I am going to interject something here, at the possible consequence of pissing people off..... (not my intent.)

I am much more accepting of religious folk. I am a bit of an existentialist, and if that is a persons unique experience that helps them navigate their life, then more power to them. (as long as they keep it to themselves.)

I think there is a very legitimate argument for a spiritual/religious aspect to our life. It's a quality of life aspect that intrigues me. To say that belief in an unseen power is an addiction that hinders progress, I think is a bit of an overstatement.

I don't defend organized religion in the least. In fact, I consider most aspects of worship to be very superstitious. However, I have to note that most "spiritually" grounded people seem happier.

I wish one could make the pursuit of "god" a personal quest, not inflicting their personal, existential discoveries on others, while being intellectually honest enough to acknowledge what they can and can't prove. Maybe I am a bit of a heretic, but thats where I am at right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit