*Major rant* my Sunday at the Hall aka HELL, also need ladies opinion on creepy elder

by lola28 51 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Ok guys I thought I would update you on my Sunday and how the study went. I had to drive a few of the older sisters to the hall (one has a bum leg the other an injured hip and the other one has a hard time seeing), so I drove them to the hall and stayed for the meeting, here are some of my thoughts, first of the public talk.

I don’t know how I made it thru the 30 minute talk without screaming “Bulls*it” every other five seconds, the talk was about being “no part of the world”, and man it made me want to vomit. First off, children are still discouraged from extra curricular activities, I don’t know how they expect children to grow up and be able to function socially if they raise them to isolate themselves from their peers, don’t they realize that they are raising social retards? How will these kids function if they are homeschooled and never socialize with people who have different opinions? It makes me so sad to see what is being done to these kids, they are woefully unprepared for life in the real world.

Second, women did you realize that you are not to have an opinion and that dressing up in good clothes shows you are seeking prominence? Oh yes they went there, apparently if you have a vagina you should learn how to keep your thoughts to yourself because to express your opinion means that you are trying to upstage your husband. I was speechless.

Third, is it just me or is a guy who has never been married let alone dated the wrong person to give opinions about having sex and what a healthy relationship is?

And here is something that really bothered me; maybe the ladies on the board can tell me if I’m over reacting, there is an elder in this hall whom I’ve known from age 14, he’s always made me uncomfortable for reasons I cant really explain, he’s not mean but sometimes I had a feeling that he was showing me too much attention or maybe saying things that had double meanings, is any of this making sense? Any ways I’m sitting behind him and after the meeting when the last prayer is over he turns around and takes my hand *shudders* then he leans in way close and says “have you missed me? Have you thought about me every day?” and he still would not let go of my hand, am I wrong to think that this was completely inappropriate and creepy? I finally managed to excuse myself when someone walked by with a new baby, but let me tell you that was a very uncomfortable moment.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    And here is something that really bothered me; maybe the ladies on the board can tell me if I’m over reacting, there is an elder in this hall whom I’ve known from age 14, he’s always made me uncomfortable for reasons I cant really explain, he’s not mean but sometimes I had a feeling that he was showing me too much attention or maybe saying things that had double meanings, is any of this making sense? Any ways I’m sitting behind him and after the meeting when the last prayer is over he turns around and takes my hand *shudders* then he leans in way close and says “have you missed me? Have you thought about me every day?” and he still would not let go of my hand, am I wrong to think that this was completely inappropriate and creepy? I finally managed to excuse myself when someone walked by with a new baby, but let me tell you that was a very uncomfortable moment.

Pay attention to that feeling. This is a guy with no social skills and obsessed with you.

Psyco Stalker and very dangerous.

Next time he does that you need to be brutally honest with him. Tell him that [whatever he just did] makes you very uncomfortable and you don't want him doing it anymore.

Don't say things like "would prefer you don't" or "please don't". These are too passive. Be firm and say "don't do that again".

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

lola28

You'd be nuts to go back to that asylum. As for the infirm you carted there, let Watchtower get a handicapped bus.

Dismembered

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

lola28:

he turns around and takes my hand *shudders* then he leans in way close and says “have you missed me? Have you thought about me

every day?” and he still would not let go of my hand,

TWO WORDS:

P E P P E R S P R A Y

Snakes ()

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Everything you mentioned is how JWs are trained to think about women. There was a district convention talk outline posted on JWD that showed how explicit they can be with these massochistic ideas.

Isaac

• crapola
    crapola

This person sounds very creepy to me. Be very firm and say"don't ever touch me again"!!! We sometimes tend to think that because someone goes to the KH that their intenetions are honorable but that is'nt always the case. There have been occasions when I was going that I had some very uncomfortable situations arise.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Lola, not all elders were like me, but I swear if I EVER heard of an elder talking like that to a sister, I would bang the drum for his deletion.

Find a sympathetic liberal elder, (if they still exist) and tell him!

This pisses me off!! I am sorry you had to hear that @$$ treat you like that.

• lola28
    lola28

Elsewhere, you might have a point. His wife killed herself a few years ago, she and I share the same first name, but even before that something just felt very wrong, also I'm not sure if you got my PM a few days ago? I'm not sure if the pm system is working here yet.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Lola,

LISTEN to your instincts!! I hope you never grace that "elder" with your presence again.

Everything you observed is correct. Alot of us grew up that way. It's not a wonder why

so many of us are "damaged" and dysfunctional.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Learn how to apply a nikyo* wristlock and give him a big surprise next time. It can hurt like hell if you want it to.

*nikyo, literally "second techique." From Aikido and similar martial arts that employ joint manipulation.

See: http://www.ehow.com/video_2356148_aikido-wrist-grabs-nikyo.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit