*Major rant* my Sunday at the Hall aka HELL, also need ladies opinion on creepy elder

by lola28 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Nathan Natas, Have I told you lately that I love you?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Breathlessly, LDH asked,

Nathan Natas, Have I told you lately that I love you?

Not lately; it is mutual, you know.

But we must be cautious, lest some begin to think we are the same person.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    And here is something that really bothered me; maybe the ladies on the board can tell me if I’m over reacting, there is an elder in this hall whom I’ve known from age 14, he’s always made me uncomfortable for reasons I cant really explain, he’s not mean but sometimes I had a feeling that he was showing me too much attention or maybe saying things that had double meanings, is any of this making sense? Any ways I’m sitting behind him and after the meeting when the last prayer is over he turns around and takes my hand *shudders* then he leans in way close and says “have you missed me? Have you thought about me every day?” and he still would not let go of my hand, am I wrong to think that this was completely inappropriate and creepy? I finally managed to excuse myself when someone walked by with a new baby, but let me tell you that was a very uncomfortable moment.

I just figured it out...That was Jehovah speaking to you through this man.

lisa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think a nice disassociation letter, including this incident, is in order. That way, he would be in line to get disfellowshipped if he ever does anything like that again--for "associating with an apostate".

• lola28
    lola28

Beksbks,

Yeah still the same Lola, my position has always been the same; your inability to grasp my point is your problem, not mine. My point of contention has been that people are quick to demonize the witnesses, not the religion but the people. Some of the posters here make it sound like all witnesses physically and sexually molest their kids and that’s not the case.

My other problem is with people who blame all their fuckups on the religion, even when they’ve been out for decades, I mean after a while you have to take responsibility over your actions and over the way your life has turned out, but for some it’s easier to blame every one else and forever play the victim. I’m not going to engage you further on this because you and I will never agree on this, if you want you can pm me but I’m not turning this into another endless argument. Also, there was no reason to be so rude to Musky, maybe you need to work on your social skills just a tad.

• oompa
    oompa

well ya that was weird...but i kinda wish you could have just totally messed him up for life...like with a "omg elderman....you know me so well...i have licked you silly in ever dream i have ever had"........if there were no risks to you....i would just give him the total mindfluck...............oompa

• redredrose
    redredrose

I am mostly a lurker here, don't post much; but really Beksbks, did someone piss in your Cheerios today or are you always like this?

And Oompa, you are really rolling today!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I have no desire to PM you lola. I find your previous rudeness to people who are here to commiserate with others who can relate to thier history tiresome to say the least. For you to now come up with the above lamentation over JW children is disingenuous at best. Again, just because someone who grew up in a cult, comes to, surprise, an ex-cult site to find a little solace, does not mean that they "blame every one else and forever play the victim."

Musky is teaching his children to enter the world. You yourself made negative comments about homeschooling. I don't care why people want to home school, I only care that they are capable of giving the child a decent education and do not hinder their ability to integrate.

As far as my life and social skills go, I am doing just fine thank you. Certainly not visiting the local KH for attention, sexual or otherwise.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Lola,

I find that you're leading the poor woman on by being too nice. You could have turned down the bookstudy offer. About the creepy elder you didn't say what your repsonse was at the hall or if you've blocked him from emailing you.

Neither way I think the moral of this story is "grow a spine" offline.

Josie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    JD, I'm so sorry to hear that, I don't think I could stand knowing that I've hurt her, plus it's only 30 minutes a week, how bad can it be? I'm going to BS my way thru it just like I did highschool.

I was wondering how a 30 min bible study that you only agreed to last week already turned into a meeting at the KH?

As smart as you are, I would think you have no problem in discerning how to handle the elder at the meeting.

and you ask, how bad can it be? You don't seem to be able to BS your way through it too well already.

Lola, How bad can it be? You answer that.

Lying and decieving a little old lady is one thing, but lying and decieving yourself is another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit