BurnTheShips

Come w/ me to the burning man festival.
    www.burningman.com
    It'll be fun, I promise!

Damn, I want to go.

BTS

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Tennessee is hot and humid in August and September.

I just know you are coming here! You can stay here and we'll dress up as nuns and go honky tonkin!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Lou:

New York City is unbelievably awful in August. It's almost as humid as New Orleans. You will sweat like you've never, ever sweated before. Make CERTAIN that your rooming arrangement for NYC in August include air conditioning or you'll cook in your own juices as you sleep.

After September 10th, it cools down significantly and can be quite pleasant. (You may recall the beautiful weather on 9/11/2001.)

The best time to visit NYC is May 15 through June 15, if you don't like to sweat or freeze.

-LWT

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with WTWizard's assessment, but that would still be a great time to travel the U.S.
    Although the south (Mississippi ; Louisiana ; Alabama ; Florida ; Georgia ; South Carolina) will
    tend to be humid, and you will want to spend most time indoors in the desert west (Nevada ; Arizona),
    it would be difficult to plan a better time than late or early summer for the best all-around weather.

The only suggestion I would have would be to try to push off a tiny bit later (Early Sept.) or start in
    the northeast in August and save the southwest desert area for last. But whatever you do, that
    is not the worst time to travel. Late December into January would be the worst and early spring
    would still be stormy for flight plans.

• sacolton
    sacolton

In Oklahoma, hot and humid. Highest peak for air-conditioning use.

You'll have a blast! You won't wanna go home.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

You will definitely discover why us Yanks like plenty of ice in our drinks, and why we have such an obsession about air conditioning and refrigeration.

In the southern states, Cotton material is a must! Loose fitting and airy clothing, a comfortable t-shirt, decent walking shorts, sandals:these are all acceptable leisure wear, and you will not stand out in public for wearing these items.

If you want to go dressier, remember to dress light.

Unless you are planning to visit the north pole, leave the woolens at home.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If you are in NY..then go to Niagara and slip over the border into Canada...take a tour of the falls from that side, the Niagara wine region also hosts a Shakesperean Festival..it's beautiful!

• avishai
    avishai

BTS, go with, your more than welcome

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow! That is about 3000 miles [4800km] one way.

As stated, it will be warm most of the areas you intend that time of year [90F or greater, around 32C or better].

Humidity is high in most of the country in August, not so bad in September most of the time.

I would suggest a more northern route [ like thru Ohio, Indiana, etc]. Of course I have an ulterior motive, since you could stop by our place on the way.

Jeff

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I live in South Florida and its hot here pretty much until November. However, the upper part of the peninsula is cool to moderate come fall. The further south you go the hotter it gets :)

Have a wonderful trip tho!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit