America - What is your weather like in August & September

by LouBelle 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Asking because this is the time I'm looking at travelling to the states - but only in 2010. Reason I'm leaving it till then is because I have a wedding in the United Kingdom in August of that year, so it will be easier for me to pop over from there ... and cheaper.

So it's a definate that I'll be hooking up with some of you britons and followed by the americans.

Time to start saving every little penny, get the passport sorted, the visa for the US of A (they interogate you), start plotting the journey.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Of course it depends on where you go, but that is our summer so for most places the weather will be pleasant. Do you know what areas you will be going to?

• avishai
    avishai

Come w/ me to the burning man festival.

www.burningman.com

It'll be fun, I promise!

• LouBelle
  • I start in New York and make my way along ending up in Cali.

Visiting 22 States: California ; Nevada ; Arizona ; Utah ; Colorado ; New Mexico ; Texas ; Arkansas ; Tennessee ; Mississippi ; Louisiana ; Alabama ; Florida ; Georgia ; South Carolina ; North Carolina ; Virginia ; Maryland ; Delaware ; Pennsylvania ; New Jersey ; New York
  • Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Wow, LouBelle, that's a BIG trip! I've only been to half of those states and I've lived in the US my entire life. That's going to take you awhile. How long are you planning on being here?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Mrs. Fiorini - I'm probably looking at a round trip of 6-8 weeks including the UK stint.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

We are north of the equator, so our seasons are approximately the opposite of yours, hence August/September would be the end of summer /the beginning of fall. Temperatures will be warm to HOT, generally speaking.

Water-boarding builds character and moisturizes the skin.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Holy crap, that's a lot of driving! You're going to get a nice tour of..........our highways.

Here (NY)--August is hot/humid, September is between really hot and room temperature. If you're only going to be in NY City, expect heat. Going on a Bethel tour, no doubt?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the Northeast: August is hot and sometimes muggy, but decreasingly so as the month winds down. September is the beginning of the transition--snow is very rare except in the mountains, but freezing weather is not out of the question in parts of northern New England and New York, and in the mountains.

Midwest: August is quite hot; September is starting to cool off. Again, snow is highly unlikely in September. The northern Great Lakes region is not as hot.

Southeast: Hot and muggy. September does not provide much relief from the heat in the deep south, especially in Florida. Summer continues until October down south.

West: Warm throughout (the closer to the coast, the more stable the climate is). You can get a heat wave any time, because of the downsloping. The Northwest is chilly and rainy (farther inland, in the mountains, it can and does snow in August and September; valleys can get pretty hot at times. The Desert Southwest is usually a furnace in August (and the monsoons can make it more humid); September is still very hot in the deserts.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It is an enormous country. It will generally be hot unless you are at high altitudes.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit