America - What is your weather like in August & September

by LouBelle 29 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

Boston can be hot in August, mild and wet in September.

Eastern Mass is very urban with many Historical sites and tourist traps. Cape Cod and the islands aren't quite so urban and very good places to visit.

• beksbks
    beksbks

If you're going to be in Northern Cali, Sept. is Indian Summer. The best time to be in San Francisco.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

August and September in Florida very hot, and hurricanes.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Southern California is usually in the 90s or over 100. Probably no rain. It is rare at that time of year. Santa Ana winds at times which makes the air very dry. There can be a good 20 degrees difference between being 25 or 30 miles inland and the coast. Vegas should be stinking hot so there may be a need to drink lots of beer. At least that is how I deal with it. Northern Nevada is a lot cooler that Southern Nevada and San Francisco can be down right cold in the summer so it all depends on where you are at.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

South Texas can be hot that time of the year.

Heck... South Texas can be hot most any time of the year.

If you are planning on coming this far south - San Antonio, TX - let us know in advance - my wife and can put you up for a few nights. (I have a feeling that you won't go any further south than Dallas, though.)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can handle the heat & humidity people - I'm from Africa :)

Jaguarbass: What's this about hurricans - is that hurrican season.....would NOT like to be in one of those.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

LouBelle, the Atlantic hurricane season begins on June 1 and lasts until November 30.

More information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_hurricane_season.

The only thing that you have to worry about, is the possibility that there might be a hurricane to disrupt any pre-scheduled air travel.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Sandy Eggo has monsoons in late August and early September. This is humid air from the south that piles up in the mountains and makes spectacular thunder storms. If you go to burning man, it is the end of August in northern Nevada, but a downpour may occur, or a dust storm. It is on a dry lake bed. I went in 1998. Great fun, and you do not have to worry what to wear, especially during the very special bike ride.

• crapola
    crapola

I live in Oklahoma and it is HOT and DRY in August and September.

• oompa
    oompa

so is it true you can't resist coming to NC to see oompa?....word kinda got around...sorry.....but hope we can meetup at the beach...we have great beaches...and btw....riding out hurricanes can be great fun if it is onlly a catagory 1 or 2....i have done three on my boat while it was docked....VERY exciting.........sounds like an awesome trip...i did coast to coast too when i was 19...what a great memory......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit