God punishes to the 3rd and 4th Generation! How nice!

by Number1Anarchist 160 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

Human rights.

That is not a person.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Hamil, Israel is doing that very same thing to the Palestinians as we interact with each other.
    The Native Americans were nearly wiped out by Whites using the very same tactics.
    In many parts of Africa, genocide is practiced on a daily basis.
    Google Rosewood, Florida and Tulsa Race Riots for examples of atrocities visited upon Black people who dared to assert themselves.
    How can any of us sit in judgment of God?
    His justice is never perverted, whereas ours often is.

I'm a human right activist and deeply concerned about the things you sum up. I'm convinced there are certain unconditional ethical claims around which human rights can be formulated and some nice preliminary attempts have been made in the past.

Please allow me to criticize the verses No1Anarchist quotes. I wouldn't like my baby daughter to grow up in a world where people are punished for their parents' mistakes. I' ve been a member of an American theist cult for almost two decades, there's no reason to burden my children with the same.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

That is not a person.

Human rights cannot be defined by one single person. I know you've taken some sociology courses, probably on group dynamics too. A division of powers is a much more solid system to attain this goal.

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

I have to admit that I agree with - number1Anarchy.

The bible is full of storys that dont make any sense to me. Killing children (A loving God would NEVER kill children !!!)

My favorite thing that dont make any sense is - THE PENIS. God makes a penis it is ok for awhile, then god tells abraham to trim it up a little, and to tell of the abrahams followers to trim it up. Then jesus comes around and says that we can go back to the normal penis. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do you think that gods cares that much about a penis?

thebigdebate

• Perry
    Perry

hamilcarr,

Human rights are not granted by agencies but are endowed by our Creator. That is the one and only source...period. Founding fathers knew this. Any deviation from this is servitude to another body. Otherwise, that opens up a whole 'nuther world of authority. Even if God didn't exist we would still need his invention to combat deception.... which is, in the end all anyone or body can offer to establish their authority.

• Perry
    Perry

This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.

Cameo,

If not God as judge.... then who?

• Perry
    Perry

I hear all the heathen on this website screaming crocodile tears about judgments they don't understand.

THEN WHO IS GOING TO DO IT??

You want to take away FREE CHOICE ? Go ahead be a robot.... not me. You want to make more rules that people cant live up to?? You want to eliminate laws and have anarchy?? WHAT?

Why don't someone who is opposed to God just spit it out...plain and simple?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Maybe, God is Pro-Choice?

Do what I say or die? Yeah, some choice.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Human rights are not granted by agencies but are endowed by our Creator. That is the one and only source...period.

Your statement doesn't leave much room for further discussion which is rather uncommon for a discussion forum.

Any deviation from this is servitude to another body. Otherwise, that opens up a whole 'nuther world of authority. Even if God didn't exist we would still need his invention to combat deception.... which is, in the end all anyone or body can offer to establish their authority.

No, it isn't. You start from the presupposition that human rights arise top-down, but they can as well originate bottom-up.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    I hear all the heathen on this website screaming crocodile tears about judgments they don't understand.
    THEN WHO IS GOING TO DO IT??
    You want to take away FREE CHOICE ? Go ahead be a robot.... not me. You want to make more rules that people cant live up to?? You want to eliminate laws and have anarchy?? WHAT?
    Why don't someone who is opposed to God just spit it out...plain and simple?

I think you just use loaded words and manipulative words to evade a meaningful discussion. That's a shame because I think you've the potential of being a good debater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit