God punishes to the 3rd and 4th Generation! How nice!

by Number1Anarchist 160 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

Regarding the video: Assuming there is a God, should he not punish wrong doers? The video assumes that people are innocent and that punishment is wrongly applied (stemming from Adam). That is not what the bible claims and not what reality is.

So the bottom line question for atheists is: who should do the punishing...if anyone? And once they choose someone and give him the authority to punish others; how would an atheist know whether or not someone had done right or wrong?

Unless you want Anarchy.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Perry a guy was punished with death for gathering sticks? If God is love he would have pardoned him for such a rediculous crime! How pathetic, You gathered sticks so now you must be killed! What planet are you people from? Imagine yourself as the guy gathering the sticks and saying WTF i was only gathering sticks and you're going to kill me! WTF

• Perry
    Perry

Anarchy,

The "gathering sticks" that you write about, is that in reference to the forbidden fruit? I don't follow you.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Read all about it in the bible!
    For breaking the Sabbath

They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

• Perry
    Perry

I gotcha.

If you think that one is something, flip over to the 16th chapter. There, a careful reading will reveal that Korah, Dathan and Abiram were actually trying to help Moses in his duties as mediator when the ground opened up and took them and their families down to hell.

“And Moses said unto Korah … Seemeth it but a small thing unto you, that the God of Israel hath separated you from the congregation of Israel …to do the service of the tabernacle of the LORD, and to stand before the congregation to minister unto them?”

They weren't trying to do less for God, but more for God. Then, the next day when people started complaining about it, God sent a plague and 14 thousand perished. They would have all perished had not Moses interceeded and, “stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stayed”.

So back to my questions for you:

So the bottom line question for atheists is: who should do the punishing...if anyone? And once they choose someone and give him the authority to punish others; how would an atheist know whether or not someone had done right or wrong?

Unless you want Anarchy.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Even our governments let the punishment fit the crime! Gathering sticks does not constitute a death sentence. Maybe in your crazed world but not mine!

Perry argueing with you is a total waste of time! Enjoy your evil sadistic scumbag God that exists in the bible!

I will not serve him!

• Perry
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

So, if someone steals my banana I should have the right to kill him and everyone related to him. Alternatively, I can have myself nailed to a cross, and that will allow me to forgive him.

Wouldn't it just be a whole lot easier to go to the supermarket and buy a new banana? I'm sure the few cents won't bankrupt me.

W

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    So the bottom line question for atheists is: who should do the punishing...if anyone?

I believe the purpose of the thread was to debate whether that punishment is just, or merely the act of a vengeful, blood-thirsty god. The issue isn't whether or not god has the right to pass judgment, but rather the extreme manner in which he chooses to do so.

• Perry
    Perry

Not if its this banana

banana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit