Did You ACTUALLY Believe That Jehovah Was Going To Answer Your Prayers?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

As a kid, based on what was instilled in my brain from a JW upbringing, I thought Jah would answer my prayers. I prayed that my parents would leave me alone. I used to pray that I would not be a JW someday.

Maybe he answered them, I left home 16 years ago, and have been a non-JW since then too.

I doubt he answered my prayers, I was the one that did it, not him.

Nikki

• Dagney
    Dagney

I never did. I always felt what problems I had were too petty anyway. I guess I felt I wasn't "good enough" to ask Jehovah for help.

BTS

I felt exactly the same. And I felt other people needed things more than me, so my prayer for ALL the years as a dub was not regular.

After I left however I figured out how to do it, and it worked, even though now I feel it was really my own concentration, and giving myself what I needed to make it through that awful time. There are amazing things that happen when you work along with intention. It is much more rewarding, IMHO, than thinking sky daddy is moving people around like pieces on a chessboard.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Yes I did.

The lack of answers was the first thing that got me to doubt...maybe that was the answer?

• minimus
    minimus

Nah, he was testing your faith.

• sir82
    sir82
    For the most part, motive makes all the difference in the world.

Yeah, see, all you complainers?

That's why God didn' t answer your prayers. Yer too fV#$% selfish!

Now, doesn't that make feel all warm & snuggly inside? Not only does God not listen to your prayers, he doesn't listen cuz you're a bad person!

Makes we want to rush down to the altar call right away!

• Newborn
    Newborn

Nah, he was testing your faith.

It didn't work

• Poztate
    Poztate

Yeah...At first I prayed a lot and thought he would (might) answer my prayers.

That never happened. Now what I did was call god and left a message on his answering machine.

I asked him (her) to get back to me... Hasn't happened yet.....

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

No. Why are people murdered? Why do their children die? Why do some people not recover from illnesses? They didn't pray hard or long enough?

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

no, why would god answers some folks silly prayers while starving children, cancer patients, and suicidal folks prayers went unanswered. "gods will" is a joke. thats just one guys opinion though....i never prayed even as a child. I would act like i was praying silently before meals and when asked to pray publicly i would recite the same old warn out "our father" spin-off prayer....

tbl

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    That's why God didn' t answer your prayers. Yer too fV#$% selfish!

Yeah, like this kid??

God answered his prayer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit