Did You ACTUALLY Believe That Jehovah Was Going To Answer Your Prayers?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know many people, Witnesses and nonJWs that truly believe that if they prayed to God, he would hear their entreaty and perform some miracle and grant their wishes.

Did YOU believe in the power of prayer?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes.

• minimus
    minimus

I always thought it was worth a shot.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

My prayers were answered. Several times.

• minimus
    minimus

you think??

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to. Then one day I was praying, and half way through I said, "awwww, fuck it. You're not listening anyway." Then I went to the kitchen and made a sandwich.

W

• sspo
    sspo

For 32 years i prayed as a JW and never seen any evidence of prayers being answered.

The blessings were just living a good life, morally and phisically and you assume you are being blessed.

It drives me nuts when i hear that God answers people's prayers, it's only in their heads. They live in fantasy land.

You could talk to any religious person in the world and they feel that a higher power is listening to them, even terrorists

I have to say that jesus was definetely a liar when he said " anything you ask in my name it will be given to you".

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I never did. I always felt what problems I had were too petty anyway. I guess I felt I wasn't "good enough" to ask Jehovah for help.

BTS

• ex-nj-jw
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, I did.

My first husband hounded and harassed me for months after I left him.

I prayed over and over that he would take his crazy self on and leave me alone so I wouldn't have to kill him.

He went on about his business and left me in peace.

I ACTUALLY believe Jehovah answered my prayers.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit