Did You ACTUALLY Believe That Jehovah Was Going To Answer Your Prayers?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    you think??

I don't just think that my prayers were answered. I know that they were.

• minimus
    minimus

People like my mom believe everything can be handled through prayer. She's a true believer, very spiritual.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    People like my mom believe everything can be handled through prayer. She's a true believer, very spiritual.

Sounds like my mother also.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

not in this system

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

that is a really good question - I think I thought so sometimes - not all the time. I believed he listened when I prayed in front of congregation and book group and leders meetings etc

• snowbird
    snowbird

I tried to edit to say that, though I'm no longer a JW, I still believe in prayer.

I've had so many occasions of things happening to me that could only be explained by having my prayers answered.

Of course, there have been times when they were NOT answered. My attitude toward this: Your Will be done.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

BTS, maybe we're brothers.

Stilla, are you convinced he still hears you?

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    I tried to edit to say that, though I'm no longer a JW, I still believe in prayer.
    I've had so many occasions of things happening to me that could only be explained by having my prayers answered.
    Of course, there have been times when they were NOT answered. My attitude toward this: Your Will be done.

Amen, Sylvia.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

No I never did. I could never work out how the whole process worked. You would pray to god and he would hear you but it was not his time to act so he couldn’t directly answer your prayers, but in some small ways he did (or some kind of reasoning just as vague)

Rather than pray I used to read, which as it happens is why I left. I learned too many things about them and then saw through it all. So my prayers were answered, even though I didn’t pray. May the lord be prised…!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Till I was about 10.

Then I went through phases of God didn't care/I wasn't good enough. Finally decided he wasn't there to listen anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit