Did You ACTUALLY Believe That Jehovah Was Going To Answer Your Prayers?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

I have to say that jesus was definetely a liar when he said " anything you ask in my name it will be given to you".

I saw that in a NON-JW study of David this morning. I went back to the source and saw that He was talking to a select group only, the core apostles. He didn't extend that to all of us, did He?

Prayer helps me focus, helps me determine my motivations. It reminds me that there is a higher power in my life. It also helps me get outside my natural selfishness if I am praying for specific others and their situations. Do I get answers? Maybe, lately I've been asking for discernment so I might know that very thing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla, are you convinced he still hears you?

I am absolutely convinced he DOES NOT hear me

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, and I wondered why he was ignoring me. Good planning on my part answered some of them. I am so glad that I don't depend on anyone else for answering my prayers but me.

• minimus
    minimus

It only seemed he was ignoring you. You just weren't praying according to his will.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The bible says God would answer your prayers, whatever you ask in his name he would grant.

31 years as a JW and 10 years as a Christian I finally woke up and realized the bible, God and

religion is the worlds greates con job.

• lnunya
    lnunya

God absolutely answers prayer. For the most part, motive makes all the difference in the world. Combined with the darkness of this world, our human selfishness prevents us from recognizing our own motives. Prayer has to be God-centered, not self-centered. When prayer is self-centered, you're actually praying to yourself. The heart has to be pure and the spirit steadfast. God is not the candy-man.

• yknot
    yknot

Yes in a manner he saw fit.

I prayed for patience, and his will to be done on the matter I was praying about...... not my own will.

Thus I have never been disappointed.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, you can take it any way you want.

• Purza
    Purza

Yes I truly believed he was listening. I even had a prayer answered once - but perhaps that was coincidence.

Now - I definitely KNOW he is not there answering my prayers. And I think that not for any other reason other than the fact that I do not believe god is actively involved in our lives.

Purza

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I used to believe he was. Now, I feel as prayer is just wishful thinking and something used to comfort oneself. Why would my prayer requests be more important than someone else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit