My JW Dad forwarded me this, your thoughts please?

by asilentone 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I hate those things. I refuse to even look at it. I'm with miss belle, urp! W.Once

• megawatt
    megawatt

Oh boy, she's a regular mother goose inspiring 5 year old JWs of having your own panther!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Definitly an old story - notice it says the bible was Green. That's so 1976.

I want my own dinosour. I'll train it to eat all the panthers.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Well, I can tell you that this wasn't written recently. The very title itself gives that away. How? Because the term, "New Order" is a very old-school term, dating back to at least Rutherford's time.

The time after Armaggedon is referred to today (And since the 1980's at least) as being "The New System" or, "The Paradise Earth." The most common term is "The New System." You can always impress the older ones or Bethel heavies by using the term, "The New Order" as it infers that you've been either been around a long time, studied the "deeper things" from older publications, or maybe you are a 4th or 5th generation JW.

New Order is very old school. I use it myself mostly. My grandma and parents were taught by old Bible Students turned JW.

Wonder how old this teenage sister is now? Probably an old maid cleaning toilets and fantazing about marrying a Patrick Swayze type in the "New Order".

- Wing Commander

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Write your own three paragraph story about what the new order will be like, you're living in a theocracy. Everyone MUST do exactly as they're told. Hard labor all day, no technology, and if you question anything you're dead.

That or send him a pdf of 1984.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm surprised he didn't edit it, the NWT hasn't been green for years but then how could the NWT be differentiated from other bibles in this unnecessary story. I would think that the illustrations and parables of Jesus would be sufficient for a jw.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Oh, dear ... they don't seem to read their bible:

Isaiah 65:17 , which says (in the NASB), “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.”

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was looking forward to cuddling with tarantulas, gila monsters, and scorpions.

W

• blondie
  • rebel8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit