Did You Know Any "Gay" Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The whole atmosphere is one where everyone in a congregation is supposed to look for anyone possibly not doing what they're supposed to do and telling the elders about them. Everyone is suspect.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Two for sure:

• A married sister™ from a congregation next to my parents. She worked in construction, and was a self-appointed leader at all of the quick-builds. She confessed her love to my jw mother once. Awkward.
    • A married elder at a neighboring congregation. This is one of the most flamboyant gays I've met (and I worked at a café near an art college). But somehow he continues to be an elder, even though he's not fooling many people. Everyone loves him and he's a hoot at parties (he works in theatre). But when I was in, it really ticked me off that this obviously gay guy was serving as an elder.

And at bethel they have a term for these: NPG (Non-Practicing Gay).

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Yep. Several.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

WE had a friend at the hall here in Florida.

He had a wife and a little baby.

But to my eye he was a flamer.

After I left the tower, he left and came out of the closet.

Divorced his life and became true to himself.

He was a nice guy.

Probably did the wife and child thing out of confusion and guilt and trying to put a round peg

in a square hole.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

It seems like this thread has been done once or twice before but what the heck.

Yeah I grew up with 3 "brothers" who are now gay and I currently know of a ministerial servant who has to be a closet case (when I met him he said he wasn't into sports, he was into musicals).

I also remember a very effeminate guy who, no kidding, collected dolls. Not action figures, people, DOLLS! One time he related a story of how disturbed he was when another man at the mall followed his tight jean wearing butt into the bathroom and hit on him.

Of course when I tell my mom that some of these guys I grew up with in the congregation are now gay she actually says things like, "What? There are no gay Jehovah's Witnesses!"

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

• johnny1980
    johnny1980

I guess I was gay enough that I never could stand the thought of pretending to like someone and marry them. F that! When the rumors would start (because of my latest suits and style, and hanging out with the girls LOL) I would always blow off the "you don't date anyone comments" with the "dating is for those seeking marriage lecture right??".... I actually became quite respected in the congregation, but after a couple of years of Sat night clubbing and then pretending to be straight on Sunday started to suck...]

Then when I met my hubby I realized I couldn't pretend any longer... So I started visiting congregations to find one that didn't meddle in anyone's business, switched cong's and then slowly dissapeared, moved, and changed my number POOF! BUH BYE FREAKS!

I honestly thought I was going to die the next day for making such a big step... What a realization being in the real world, and how nice it is to sleep in on SATURDAY MORNING!

Still have dreams of being "outted" at the kingdom hall! Does that spell cult or what?

J

• V
    V

...and then slowly dissapeared, moved, and changed my number POOF!

You said it sister! Anyone from the UK has got to chuckle at this.

• divadiow
    divadiow

i'm chuckling

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Yes, myseølf ;-). To make it short, was a zealous witness boy. Knew I had gay tendencies when growing up, never liked sports (apart from figure skating, latin/standard dances and gymnastics (!), were into musicals and Eurovision Song contest, always talked with the sisters etc etc.. But resented the thought of being gay. Believed the society´s advice in the literature, that such tendences might disappear in time due to praying etc).... I did get married and was genuinly in love (did tell my wife-to-be of my tendencies before we got married).... It did not go away, but I never acted upon my tendencies... But I could not give my wife the life she deserved in all respects.. Got three children, stayed married for more than 15 yrs, finally got divorced (she wanted it, not I)... During the latter years of our marriage, we did leave the witnesses (I had been an elder for more than a decade). I did not leave because of the gay issue.... That process came later.Tough years... However, everything has turned out so fine as it could be. She has got a new family, and I a most wonderful boy-friend and I get along very well with my ex-wife too

Apart from that I know another sister who left the witnesses who is a lesbian, a sister that is a witness, that is definitely a lesbian, an elder that was gay (he became a witness as an adult and was quite flamboyant, but very nice) and apioneer who was openly gay (also a grown up convert).

After I came out, I have met several gay ex-witnesses.

I am proud that I never cheated on my wife.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Jimmy Page - I love musicals. Does that make me Gay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit