Did You Know Any "Gay" Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The JWs are like most other fundies. INTOLERANT>

• jstalin
    jstalin
    I read a human sociological report that sated that 1 out every 10 males is gay

I personally think it's closer to 5%, but still a significant number.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Just reading about the lesbos reminded me of someone else.

I was friends with a sister a year or so older than me when we were kids. Her mother was a witness. Her dad came to meetings for a while but didn't get baptised and eventually stopped attending meetings. Her mother was always quite a headstrong lady. She was very anti-men and made it quite obvious in her 5-min talks from the platform. The elders never knew how to handle her and, after one particularly man-bashing talk, the school overseer said nothing postive about her talk but merely said, Sis I'll see you privately for counsel afterwards!

Turns out she was a lesbian. She left the witnesses (got DF), and her family, eventually and moved in with her girlfriend. Myself and another sister called on her on the ministry not realising that was her new home. We went scarlet and didn't know what to say when she answered.

To top it all, one Christmas she dressed up as the Christmas Fairy and went around the locality to help Santa!

• minimus
    minimus

Christmas fairy. How appropriate!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thats was another problem with gay JW men, is that they try to divert their natural instincts and maybe cure some thoughts that they may have acquired toward men by marring a women

this certainly can have devastating effects toward the women that they marry.

One fellow that comes to mind was married to a woman for at least 10 years and had 3 children with her, only to eventualy leave her and the children , talk about screwing up a gals life.

• undercover
    undercover

At first I started to say I didn't know of any, but then I remembered one instance, which reminded me of another, which reminded me of another...

Rumors were spreading around about one brother but nothing concrete was proven (or info released by the elders - I've come to suspect over time that more people knew more than was let on at the time) and when he finally got caught, he not only got DFd he faced criminal charges as he was diddling about with an underage teenage boy at the hall.

One sister I knew, married and with a kid, seemed to be too manish. Oh, let's face it, she was butch. But being a JW and married and with a kid, you refused to allow the thought that she might not be completely straight enter your thoughts too much...until she leaves, takes the kid and runs off with her "girlfriend" that she had on the side that no one knew about. The poor brother was devastated...but he did get the kid back.

There was a pioneer brother that a lot of the guys wondered about. Some brothers couldn't figure him out because he never wanted to play ball or golf or watch the game or any "guy" stuff. He always hung around the wives and sisters at gatherings. I felt bad for him...I knew you didn't need to prove your manhood on the basketball court or by building a treehouse in an afternoon, yet all the he-men made fun of him because he wasn't in there with us making crude jokes or cutting farts. At times I thought he was more mature than any three of the other guys. Then one day, he renounced his association with the JWs, announced that he was gay and ran off with his unbeknownst-to-us-beforehand gay lover.

I knew a couple of brothers that some people wondered about but couldn't prove anything. One brother never married and had a propensity for making friends with young brothers at whatever hall he was at. Even at the age of 50+, he preferred making friends with the teenage and 20 something brothers. I think some parents were a little naive in thinking that this nice, single, mature elder (that's right, elder) was taking so much interest in their sons...others thought it a little strange and took measures to make sure that this brother wasn't allowed acces to their sons alone.

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a CO who was counseled by a former DO for regularly touching and massaging the young teenage boys. He clearly implied that he thought he was gay even though he was married and had a daughter.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Since we're on the subject of homosexuality, has anyone come across any gay sisters, I personally cant recall coming into contact with any myself.

• undercover
    undercover

I knew a pioneer brother(yet another instance that I just remembered) that used to massage the young bucks of the hall. He used to make comments about how muscular some of them were...he got DFd later for homosexuality...

It seems that most halls had a "touch-feely" brother...whether it was with the sisters or the brothers. In either case, he was alwasy giving someone the "willies"...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You guys are so sweet; but some of you should try to spell my name write.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit