Did You Know Any "Gay" Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There used to be a group of JW girls who lived together for years. 4 of them lived together for at least 10 years. One particular elder accused them of being lesbians which was very unprovable, they left the Hall and then badmouthed the elder(s). The most dominant female looked very "butch" and made it clear she didn't like men, especially elders. To my knowledge, they're still all together.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

During the time I was associating with the JWs, I met a handful of "brothers" of various ages that certainly could be described as effeminate. whether they were homosexual I did not determine.

There is a spectrum of behavior for macho heterosexual guys. They can't all be like me.

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan, you are The MAN!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It doesn't matter if you are camp Nathan Nates, I still love you.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Weird as it was there was 4 or 5 men that were gay in my hall and they were all approximately around my age, one of these guys was my older brother who was 2 years older than myself.

All of them left the religion after awhile and they went on to pursue their own ingrained instincts.

And I have to say these were not ill-behaved trouble makers these were good well respected individuals within the congregation, but the religion of course stated that they were not welcome there

so they were essentially pushed out like lepers. Some actually got married at the hall to girls that they had met there, including my brother, of course these marriages concluded after they came out as it were.

So in total of about 8 guys that were in and around my age group, 5 were gay and 3 were not including myself.

Weird circumstances I think so.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I love you too Nathan

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I read a human sociological report that stated that 1 out every 10 males is gay.....wow thats a lot of gay men considering the human population is around @ 4 billion sheesh

Not there is anything wrong with that of course.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Yes, one (now ex) brother in my wife's congo, son of an elder. Ruined a sisters life, he thought if he got married it might change his orientation, it didn't and they divorced.

Another in a Somerset UK congo, again son of an elder, married and never could consumate the marriage, another divorce and sisters life ruined.

Being married to a "gay", seems to have an awful effect on the woman.

fokyc

• minimus
    minimus

It's odd that so many gay young men were in the same Hall. Did people percieve the entire group as being gay or was it just one or two?

The women that I mentioned earlier were either very feminine (2) or quite the opposite.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Probably.

The Society adopts only one position on Gay people and that is they are all bad abd doomed to God's condemnation. I hope we here are a little more enlightened than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit