Gents, now you pls explain...

by Newborn 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

When Harry Met Sally

A true gem,....;)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If you look at sex as some big special gift you're going to hand over to the ONE, you are going to be disapointed the majority of the time. Sex is fun, period.

Sex is fun. Very fun. I'm a big fan of sex. Who said anything about saving it for the ONE?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Who said anything about saving it for the ONE?

You're right. You talked more like using it as a tool. . .

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Another mature comment.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Another mature comment.

Explain.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's a cryptic message.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I think you missed the point, Beks. If you give a guy sex when you have only been a date or two, and he dumps you, you can be left feeling used and tossed aside. This is assuming you were looking for more than sex. Generally, a guy who just wants to get laid won't hang around after the first three dates if all he's interested in is sex.

I would say that refraining from sex in order to ascertain if a guy is serious about having a relationship is as much about gamesmanship as anything else. In fact it sounds exactly the same as deciding to delay calling someone you are interested in so as not to seem too keen.

Obviously just being open and honest about what you are looking for is too much to ask. It's not as if we have to obey our biological imperatives anymore.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I can't believe you are comparing the decision to have sex with the decision of when to call someone. Phone calls don't give you stds or pregnancies. Some of us don't take the risks of sex involved so lightly.

• Caedes
    Caedes

When did I say that you shouldn't take precautions with regards to pregnancy or STD's?

I merely commented on your gamesmanship.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    When did I say that you shouldn't take precautions with regards to pregnancy or STD's?
    I merely commented on your gamesmanship.

How is it playing games to be judicious about who you sleep with? Precautions? Do a poll, how many of you have had condoms tear or break? Sex may be on the level of blowing your nose or making a phone call to you, but to me, it's much more serious than these. I don't view it casually. And if some man tried to manipulate me with your type of reasoning, I'd tell him to flake off. I'm sure if he tries hard enough, he'll find a girl who'll easily drop her pants, if that's all he's after. I'm laughing. I guess that's a new thing? Men deciding women are playing games when they decide to be cautious with the decision to have sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit