Gents, now you pls explain...

by Newborn 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

why certain/many, guys, goes silent on you when it feels good (and after being intimate) and leave us women feel abandoned, like a question mark, like a fool and desperate when trying to get hold of you and ask why?

I mean it's fine if you need time etc but pls then just let us know when we'll hear back from you. Waiting is horrible.

I hate to be in this situation again.

If dating is supposed to be like this - I don't know if I want it. My poor heart is fragile.

/Newborn

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ah Newborn - many women want that reassurance from their guy. I honestly don't know how the male brain works - so will leave it to them. I could suggest a chap on here that has a decent brain in him & is rather pragmatic and sees things for what they truly are - he tells it like it is, but he wouldn't want to be outed, besides I'm sure he'll post here.

Just don't over think it from your side. Enjoy it for what it is right now. Bit of advise - don't give your heart away at this early stage girl!

• Newborn
    Newborn

Just don't over think it from your side. Enjoy it for what it is right now.

Dear Loubelle,

Guess I'm out of patience...

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

3 days minimum. Really, it takes that long for a guy to ponder over how he feels about you. After a week or more, it indicates you are not that foremost in his mind.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Newborn - it hasn't been too long yet .... no need to rush rush.

Breathe with me...

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Well, the misunderstanding might come from the fact that men see first sexual encounter with a woman as a goal, sort of thing to achieve, whereas women see it as a beginning (all exceptions are accepted).

• jws
    jws

Did you ever work really hard on some project? After it's done, you may just want to relax and tend to the other areas of your life.

I don't know you and I don't know this guy's motivations. A lot of guys see the "intimacy" as the finish-line in a race. They're pushing and pushing towards the finish line and it's an effort. They take time from their lives to date you. They behave in a way that is different from their true selves to charm you. They spend their money on you. And all to reach that finish line. Maybe not just for that. But it's the reason they're spending time with somebody who is unlike them. Somebody who likes chick-flicks and wine instead of sports and beer. The bottom line is sex. After a hard-run race, once you finally cross the finish line, sometimes you just want to take a break from running the race. Some guys may also see the race as a challenge won and move on to the next challenge. Other guys come back.

Is this JW related? Because that could add a whole new set of complications. A JW may be driven by his hormones, but afterwards might feel guilty about what he's done. Which might lead him not to call.

How long was the relationship before this?

A number of things could be going on. 3 days does sound like a while. Especially if this was your first time together.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Guys feel like they need to play the "game" too. We don't want to call again too quickly, otherwise we think we'll appear desperate or too clingy.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, don't over think or analyze.

I have found that a few women will get too excited about going out and will start to assume all sorts of things about the direction the relationship is going.

If he takes you out, that's all there is to it. He just wanted to go out and have some fun and have a good time with company he enjoyed. Nothing more.

• ninja
    ninja

see that wee dot on the horizon?....that's your ex.....

what do you mean there are two dots?....he must be seeing someone else then

ninja.....probably not helping ....just trying to lighten the thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit