On Cold Snowy Weekends, What Do You Like To Do?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Lately, all we get around here is SNOW!!!! I'm sick of it. But at least we have no meetings to attend!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Sit by the fire with a cup of coffee and read a book or go online, and snuggle with my guy...

Cook... made a big pot of chicken soup yesterday and we had it for lunch again today with some crusty bread... Making lasagna tonight...

Coffee

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

It's 75 degrees here this weekend and even when I travelled back east to look for snow, the temps went up to the mid-50's so I will have to adapt your question to something I can relate to.

I will imagine torrenteal rains.

Oh! Must also have the blinds fully open so I can watch the downpour and wonder what it would be like if it was snow.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Dang!! My new laptop has feature that keeps causing me to erase full lines of type.

During inclimate weather, I like to cook soup and/or bake. Then always nice to cuddle and snuggle while watching a few good movies.

-Aude.

PS: How do we edit our posts once we hit the 'submit' button??

edit to add: nevermind. I found the little icon to the right of the posting date. And looky there! A choice of font colors. Cool!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

During whiteouts w big flakes, i like walking in the stuff. Snowflakes are a higher order of the raindrop, so to speak;) Then, go inside and enjoy coffee, food, music, movies, porto, while watching the snow come down.

S

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

If I have such a weekend it is because I went to the snow to ski.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Plow the Ranch drive way while its still possible..It can get so deep,you can`t even use a snow plow......................................OUTLAW

• watson
    watson

Outlaw, who or what "screwed the pooch?"

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I lived in Cleveland and it was a cold snowy weekend, I liked to go skiing.

And when I lived in Cleveland I was younger if I didnt go skiing, the friends usually had a football

game every Sunday afternoon. We would play football not watch it.

There was also sled riding, toboning, snowmobiling.

Then at some point we would make a fire in our fireplace and sometimes we would grill steaks in the fire.

I'm glad I live in Florida. I'm sitting in my shorts and harley shirt. I'm going to ride my Harley to the gym

right now it says its 75 degrees right now. That would be a summer heat wave in Cleveland.

I bought a wheel barrell full of firewood and havent been able to burn 1 log yet.

I'm not going to put the ac on so I can make a fire.

My last wheel barrell of wood lasted 3 years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Watson..None of the toys on my screen work..There are titles ..Styles/paragraph/font family/font size.....But..Thats it!..Just those titles nothing else..And.. No way to use anything!..............So Mutley is taking the day off!..LOL!!.............................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit