Patrick Swayze

by Gregor 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    But he really blew it to a large degree, in our minds, when he tried to justify his still smoking cigarettes today.

that's why i never smoke anything but the stuff straight from Mother Nature...........

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If people didnt smoke the powers that be would have to arrange even more Bush wars to control the population.

This way people can take themselves out on their own terms.

And can derive some pleasure on the way.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If people didnt smoke the powers that be would have to arrange even more Bush wars to control the population.

Dude get help. You have an obsession.

BTS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Vinny, unless you and your wife take perfect care of your health and avoid everything you know to cause cancer, then really, do you have room to criticize Swayze or with hold your sympathy? You sound like you are still JWs.

People who don't smoke get pancreatic cancer. My second father in law didn't smoke.

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

I have also seen people who didn't smoke die from Lung Cancer. I agree that smoking is not the best for anybody. But who I am to say that anybody can smoke or not. It is a choice of the matter. It is very sad about Patrick Swayze, I loved him as a young teen age girl. Especially when Dirty Dancing came out. I think I went through 5 VHS tapes. I watched it almost everyday. I liked Ghost too but it wasn't my favorite.

• Vinny
    Vinny

In the interview last night Patrick Swayze HIMSELF said he is a 40 year smoker and that it Probably caused his Cancer. His own words not mine.

He said he wants to fight fight fight his cancer. He wants to kick its ass. He has been and still is taking Chemotherapy treatments. His wife wants him to live. He wants to live. He's hoping for five more years etc etc.

Yet he still smokes cigarettes, right now, today. If Flyinghownow sees nothing wrong with these two contrasting scenarios then so what. I really don't care. I will sleep well tonight.

If Patrick Swayze was my brother, and going through all this effort to beat his cancer and continue to live, but yet continued to smoke cigarettes today, I'd kick his ass.

Sometimes that's how life works.

Yet Flyinghigh thinks that makes me like a JW.

Amazing stuff here. Okay then, I'm like a JW.

Whatever that means.

Vinny

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

For many people, smoking is one of the most powerful "drugs" known. The hold it has on a truly addicted person is so strong that it goes beyond rational thought. I have seen people dying of lung cancer that still had to have a cigarette!! Unfortunately, pancreatic cancer is extremely deadly...I don't condone it, but I doubt smoking at this stage of the game will make much of a difference for Mr. Swayze

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

He still smokes and works very hard rather than resting and working on his health which I find disturbing. Forget your damn T.V show Patrick if your not gonna be here next season! DYING OF CANCER IS A GOOD MOTIVATION TO QUIT SMOKING!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Vinny, you sound like a JW in the sense that I heard that kind of snide lack of sympathy coming from JW's all the time.It is a quality I hate to see left over in former JW's. And, 007, working will probably keep Swayze around longer. What makes you happy extends your life and adds a lot of quality to it. Just because Patrick thinks smoking could have caused his cancer doesn't make it so. I don't smoke or have cancer, but I can tell you that I could never run a horse ranch or rebuild a forrest.

• poppers
    poppers

So if he knew that quitting increased his chances of survival 1 % would he quit then? It seems to me that continuing to smoke only adds to the burden of getting well, even if it didn't directly contribute to his pancreatic cancer. Even though tobacco addiction is no small thing to overcome I would think that serious consideration would be given to quitting rather than rationalizing it away and declaring "he wants to kick its ass". That kicking will be more effective if he could quit. In his mind he says that it may have caused his cancer, yet he won't make the attempt to quit - at a very basic and fundamental level, then, he is working against himself. Self sabotage rarely fails.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit