Patrick Swayze

by Gregor 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Always liked him, very talented fellow. Now he is looking at 2 to 5 yrs left before the cancer takes him. Very tough deal of the cards.

• minimus
    minimus

If he lasts that long, I'll be shocked!

• RR
    RR

He looks horrible, but even in his condition he looks better than his brothers ....

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I dont give him that long at all. I think he will be gone within the year. I dont know of a cancer more deadly than Pancreatic. Watched my sister in law die of it. She went from finding out she had it in November to dead by May 1. 44 years young

Scares the hell outta me. I panic every time I have a pain on my right side.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey Wuz, your pancreas is on your left side, so you're safe.Once a pancreas starts hurting, it really HURTS! Sad thing is, by that point, it usually has spread. Pancratic Cancer took Michael Landen. He was determined to beat it, but it was not to be. I had pancreatitis once. Very dangerous and extremely painful.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I just watched the condensed YouTube of Barbara Walter's special. How delightful that Patrick allowed his Texas accent to be heard. I think what he said about electrical energy and the human soul is fascinating. I must research this some more. And what he said about the line from Ghost? The biggest proof to me personally, that there is a creator and life beyond this one is the love we all have for each other. And I do believe you take it with you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Often Pancreatic cancer works must faster than that - I have heard of many cases that went from diagnosis to death in just a few weeks.

Too bad. I was never a fan of the guy, but still sad to hear.

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

I heard about this a while back...

He's supposed to be doing a new TV show or mini-series or sumthin and some people were kinda shocked at how ill he looked and wondered if he would be able to keep working on it.

I didn't care for some of his work but my favorite movie of his was Point Break. Not a cinematic masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but he captured the spirit of his character so well. I stop and watch that movie everytime I stumble upon it.

• Vinny
    Vinny

My wife and I watched his interview with Barbara Walters last night. We both felt for them. Is hard to actually imagine what it must be like to go through such a terrible process like that, knowing you are dying.

But he really blew it to a large degree, in our minds, when he tried to justify his still smoking cigarettes today.

He wants to live. He wants to fight this thing. He wants to kick its ass etc.

But he's still smoking cigarettes, which is very possibly what caused it to begin with.

He excuses given for smoking were just lame.

"Only One battle at a time".

"I never smoke in front of children".

"If I knew I could beat this thing I would quit in a second".

Still, we admire his courage and honesty. It was a great interview.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It's shocking that after all the years and mounting evidence that tobacco companies can still sell a product that kills the user. In the strongest terms, "let the buyer beware". It does show that the mind, although relatively intelligent, can allow itself to become addicted to substances that is nothing less than poison. I do understand the fact that it is a freedom to choose to smoke, but the tobacco companies deliberately added addictive substances in the product, and for that they should be punsihed to the max.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit