Casper Milquetoast's Cousin, Walter Mitty

by compound complex 128 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• beksbks
    beksbks

"Courage, my brave souls!"

Walter! What are you talking about? You've been acting addled since we stepped out of the car! You're a very lucky boy to be given an afternoon in such a beautiful and exotic garden. Try to learn something. Now come here dear, you have a smudge on your cheek. Let mother get her kerchief.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Phew!" breathed a sigh of relief, the agitated and rudderless writer, Yours Truly. "I had no idea whatsoever where this was going. It has a life of its own!"

Mother Mitty and beks, to the rescue ...

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

CoCo you have a PM

• compound complex
    compound complex

You, too, beks!

CC

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaiting

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

On the theme of mild-mannered men dominated by strong-willed women, and Thurber:

I've always preferred his short story The Catbird Seat.

http://jameshilston.com/pages/reading/catbird_seat.htm

• compound complex
    compound complex

Upon completion of his dinner, Walter will be permitted to come out and play. But, under the eagle eye of Mother Mitty, he must needs chew each mouthful 25 times.

Otherwise, excitement would lead to wolfing down his beautifully prepared meal, a tummy-ache and, consequently, the requisite tongue lashing.

Chew ... chew ... chew....

Caspar

• beksbks
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, BB, for the reference.

As it stands, Walter and Cousin Caspar finished their well-chewed dinner while simultaneously eschewing the watchful eye of Mother Mitty (aka Aunt Gertrude).

Tagging behind Mr. Martin in a manner both surreptitious but brazenly cavalier [can it truly be so?], the cheeky lads pad their way over to Mrs. Ulgine Barrows ducky first-floor apartment in the perfectly darling three-story red-brick ...

Can you feel the excitement building in the building?

• beksbks
    beksbks

I may not sleep tonight!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit