Casper Milquetoast's Cousin, Walter Mitty

by compound complex 128 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• compound complex
    compound complex

Ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa revved the Rolls-Royce gas turbine bypass turbofan aero-engine as Sir Walter Mitty prepared for takeoff ... The comely cockpit stewardess, a certain Babette De Sheer, plied her sumptuous way to Sir Walter's seated, muscled side and offered him a tall, cold one: a frosty Lalique of milk, shaken, not stirred ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVA5xmRZ48A

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Walter ... Walter! What are you doing? You've just spilled your tumbler of milk all over my new linen tablecloth!"

"De Sheer, De Sheer," muttered a dazed Walter, one foot still in the Vickers VC10 cockpit, the other wrapped around a Carolina Cottage Prairie Dining chair in his mother's over-upholstered dining room.

"What ever is that you're burbling, Walter?" demanded Mother Mitty, not exactly your garden-variety shrew though her maiden name, ironically enough, was Harridan.

"De Sheer, er, uh ... Dis here is some mess I've created, Mother - so sorry!" Walter declared, by now fully disentangled from the allure and heavy parfum of Babette.

"I really want you to see Dr. Bothlewaite, Walter. I'm going to call him right now. Don't you go wandering off, do you understand?"

"Yes, Mother," Walter demurred, looking out the large bay window at his wild blue yonder.

• beksbks
    beksbks

poor bastard

• compound complex
    compound complex

Beks:

poor bastard.

Truer words were never spoken.

Stay tuned for Sir Walter's further adventures.

Do nice guys ever finish first?

Or only in their dreams?

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Walter eats milquetoast, upon recommendation from his doctor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGtdHcLmAQM

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Even milquetoasts have dreams of glory.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear SacrificialLoon:

Yes, we do. Thank you for bringing truth and sunshine into this so forlorn and gray a northern California morn ...

Ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa ...

CoCo of the Adds-Eggs-for-French-Toast Eggstacy

• beksbks
    beksbks

How was the French Toast CoCo? Did you clean up after yourself? Is that syrup on your chin??

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sir Walter had single-handedly taken out an entire contingent of the French West African rebel guerillan force, much to the relief and, this writer daresays, astonishment of the true French Foreign Legion. Back to the barracks, the radiant Brigadier General was hoisted onto the shoulders of soldiers jubilant at their hero's exploits; the canteen cooks, alerted to the soon re-entry of the swarming smarmy army, hastily fried up a mess of especial pain roti aux oeufs a la francaise for the famished warriors.

"Thank you, my fellow comrades," Sir Walter intoned, "but it's to you that I raise this pitcher of syrup in hearty salute ..."

"Walter!" Mother Mitty shrilled. "How was the French Toast? Did you clean up after yourself? Is that syrup on your chin??

Thanks, Beks, for inspiring me!

Apologies to James Thurber for liberties taken.

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

CoCo!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit