• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

good thinking priest

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

oops double post

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have no problem using the mouse with my right hand. Maybe I just got used to it, but I don't remember it ever being hard either.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Wow. I had no idea this thread would take off like it has. There are some very interesting perspectives here and things that most of us righties never even think of.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

i'm a leftie..............well, for me, it was a bit of adaptation on my part, the teacher's part of letting me position my paper and hand in the way which was most comfortable for me, and my mom literally taught me left handed............she was able to teach me to knit even! I've also adapted to a right hand world, in that i learned how to use right handed scissors and i use my right hand for my mouse...........key is whatever is most comfortable for the leftie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That and try contantly bumping elbows with righties when sitting a the dinner table.

That's how god punishes the Satanic Southpaws!

• musky
    musky

If the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, then lefties are the only ones in there right minds

• caliber
    caliber

A minority of people are equally skilled with both hands, and are termed ambidextrous I am mixed handed myself

mixed dominant , is being able to do different tasks better with different hands. For example, mixed-handed persons might write better with their right hand but throw a ball more efficiently with their left hand. This could also refer to pianists, because different sections of pieces are usually composed to fit the abilities of the different hands, considering that the right hand is usually for melodies and the left-hand, harmonies. However, many writers define handedness by the hand used for writing, so Mixed-handedness is often neglected.

• Ambidexterity is exceptionally rare, although it can be learned. A true ambidextrous person is able to do any task equally well with either hand. Those who learn it still tend to sway towards their originally dominant hand http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness

Your hair whorls can be an indication of handedness

This individual has a double whorl. The dominant whorl is on the right side and is counter-clockwise. I call it dominant because it affects the majority of the crown and it overwhelms the left side whorl. The left side whorl is clockwise. The patient is left handed for writing and right handed for throwing.
    A counterclockwise whorl is more common with left handedness in my experience while ambidextrous individuals commonly have a double whorl. This individual plays soccer with both feel equally well.

In an article by Klar, he discussed theories concerning the cause of right- or left-hand preference in humans, which vary from purely learned behavior, to solely genetics, to a combination of the two mechanisms. The cause of handedness and its relation to the biologically specified scalp hair-whorl rotation is discussed in his article, Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702-1201, USA.. The general public, consisting of mostly right-handers (RH), shows counterclockwise whorl rotation infrequently in 8.4% of individuals. Interestingly, according to his study non-right-handers (NRH, i.e., left-handers and ambidextrous) display a random mixture of clockwise and counterclockwise swirling patterns. Confirming this finding, in another independent sample of individuals chosen because of their counterclockwise rotation, one-half of them are NRH. These findings of coupling in RH and uncoupling in NRH unequivocally establish that these traits develop from a common genetic mechanism. Another result concerning handedness of the progeny of discordant monozygotic twins suggests that lefties are one gene apart from righties. Together, these results suggest (1) that a single gene controls handedness, whorl orientation, and twin concordance and discordance and (2) that neuronal and visceral (internal organs) forms of bilateral asymmetry are coded by separate sets of genetic pathways.

early evidence of double hair whorl.. mixed handed or ambidextrous may have such .. clock and anti-clock whorls

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber

Here is a better photo of two types hair whorls clockwise and anti-clock

anti-clock may indicated random recessive gene

giving you a 50 % chance of being non-right handed which means left handed, mixed handed or ambidextrous (maybe a double whorl )

Caliber

• Gregor
    Gregor

I am a predominately left handed ambi. LEFT - writing, eating, RIGHT - sports, throwing, golf, tennis. AMBI - hand tools, hammer, screwdriver, saw etc.

Unlike most left handed people I don't crab my hand around to write from above, I write with my hand below the base line as a right handed person would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit